embedding street maps 2006 in MI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embedding street maps 2006 in MI

I have searched and cannot figure out how to embed streets and trips 2006 into the MI program. When I launch streets and trips 2006 it opens a new window with the s & t software. Is there a way to have it embedded into the MI GPS application? Or google earth

thanks

i was just trying to get google earth to work with MI. I hope support is added for this since google earth is free and has sat. pictures.
    Windows XP is ****!!!
    AMD Sempron 3000+, ASRockVM800, 256MB, 250GB 3.5", DVDRW+, WIFIg, m2-atx, Lilliput 8", RR, GoogleEarth
    Need: daylight viewable screen!

Comment

Originally posted by NoTicketsPlease
      i was just trying to get google earth to work with MI. I hope support is added for this since google earth is free and has sat. pictures.
      Here is how to embed streets and trips:

Open the Config.ini file in the C:\Program Files\Mobile Impact folder and then
      change/add the following.
      [GPS]
      GPSPATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe -> whatever the exe file is.
      GPSCLASS=Afx:00400000:8:00000000:00000000:0006016D

Do the same thing for Google Earth, but here are the proper entries for it:
      [GPS]
      GPSPATH=C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\GoogleEarth.exe
      GPSCLASS=QWidget
      Mobile Impact
      Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
      http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Google earth is a program. Download it here: http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

You can then use another program called "nmeaGE" to write your gps coordinates to a file that google earth then reads. See the pic below and this thread.

I just got my gps so I was evaluating mapping programs and this setup looks great plus its free. It does download maps from the net but you can cache them for when you are driving.

I really hope MI can support this, its my favorite front end!

Windows XP is ****!!!
        AMD Sempron 3000+, ASRockVM800, 256MB, 250GB 3.5", DVDRW+, WIFIg, m2-atx, Lilliput 8", RR, GoogleEarth

Comment

Ok here are the entries for Google Earth:
          [GPS]
          GPSCLASS=QWidget

This should do it. You will probably need to tweak the left, right, top and left settings to get it to look just right.

Let me know how things work, and screenshots would be phenomenal! Thanks. I will play with this over the weekend and see how it does.
          Mobile Impact

Comment

Thanks for the settings. I havent been able to get them to work. The closest I came was ge(google earth) opened up then I could see the ge startup status in MI. It looked like it was embedded at that point. Then it didnt go much further. I switched to ge and it looks like the GPS menu item had been accessed because it said "This feature is not available in the free version"(paraphrasing) and the gps setup panel was open but all greyed out.

When you use the mneaGE program to do the gps stuff you dont actually use the gps feature of ge.
            Windows XP is ****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoTicketsPlease
              Thanks for the settings. I havent been able to get them to work. The closest I came was ge(google earth) opened up then I could see the ge startup status in MI. It looked like it was embedded at that point. Then it didnt go much further. I switched to ge and it looks like the GPS menu item had been accessed because it said "This feature is not available in the free version"(paraphrasing) and the gps setup panel was open but all greyed out.

When you use the mneaGE program to do the gps stuff you dont actually use the gps feature of ge.
              I played with it a little bit, and yep, it only starts then doesnt embed. So it may take too long for it to load for MI. You could set it up as an external application in the apps module, then it should open with no problems. I admit this is cool as hell! but I dont think that its very touch friendly. If you want; PM me and I will give you some alternatives.
              Mobile Impact

Comment

Streets and trips won't work

Originally posted by reddeath30
                Here is how to embed streets and trips:

Open the Config.ini file in the C:\Program Files\Mobile Impact folder and then
                change/add the following.
                [GPS]
                GPSPATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe -> whatever the exe file is.
                GPSCLASS=Afx:00400000:8:00000000:00000000:0006016D

Do the same thing for Google Earth, but here are the proper entries for it:
                [GPS]
                GPSCLASS=QWidget
                I edited the config file to include the above entrys but it still does not work. When I click on GPS Streets and trips opens but it opens in a separate full screen window. The window where it should open in MI says loading alternative GPS program and it just sits there. I have been using centrafuse until now. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. I like Mobile Impact alot and would like to start using it all of the time.
                Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

can i embedded street atlas with MI? I wanna it to be like iguidance, the map is within the skin template not as an external gps.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lnb2g
                    can i embedded street atlas with MI? I wanna it to be like iguidance, the map is within the skin template not as an external gps.

Thanks
                    There are so many variabled in getting other apps to embed properly. You can get it to open an external GPS program by setting it up in the config.ini file as shown above, but most likely wont embed. Give it a try and see if it works.
                    Mobile Impact

Comment

Working...
                    X