New Version Coming Soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Version Coming Soon!

With the release of iGuidance 3.0 UMPC. I will be completely redoing the GPS module in Mobile Impact. Look for this new release in a few weeks as I will be feverishly working to put it together, as well as solving many of the existing bugs.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

love ur program! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

is it gonna be an upgrade format, or uninstall/reinstall?

Comment

Originally posted by senseless228
        is it gonna be an upgrade format, or uninstall/reinstall?
        It will be an uninstall/reinstall. It always best to uninstall and then reinstall with software anyway.
        Mobile Impact

Comment

Progress Update

I have completed the integration of iGuidance 3.0 into the program. I also cleaned up the module and removed alot of extra unnecessary functions.
          I have also addressed all of the bugs that I am currently aware of.
          Because the new iGuidance version is so completely touch friendly in itself, I have removed all of the Mobile Impact GPS menus. For users who still have iGuidance 2.1.x It will still support it, but only by embedding it.

To use iGuidance 2.1.x, I recommend to download and install the iGuidane Button modification.
          --> http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=igmod
          Because the iGuidance button modification doesnt update the on screen keyboard, the Mobile Impact GPS module will have its own on screen keyboard for entering address information.

I would highly and heavily recommend that everyone go out and buy iGuidance 3.0. From what I have seen and tested so far, it is IMHO absolutely perfect! I have not had a chance to road test it yet, as I am still developing with it, but if it performs as well as the 2.x versions, then this is the product everyone has been waiting for!

It also has several new features like itinerary, almanac, trip info, current location, weather(internet connection needed), and a perfectly findger friendly interface made easier to function added to the already robust set of features.

Check back for more updates.
          Mobile Impact

Comment

Awesome. Have IG 3.0, but haven't upgraded. Waiting for next version of MI.
            CAR:06 350Z | LCD:Xenarc 700TSV | PS:M2-ATX | CPU:2.0GHz Turion 64 | MB:GA-K8N51GMF | RAM:1GB PC3500 DDR | HDD:WD 250GB SATA | USB1:Zoom 140M WiFi | USB2:iOne Scorpius Keyboard | USB3:Logitech Wingman | SERIAL:GPS BR-355

Comment

Red your program has been running great in my truck. I cant wait for the update keep up the great work

Comment

You the man!!!!!!!
                08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Finished the GPS module tonight. Now to work on some bug fixes and improve the shuffle/random play issue.
                  Mobile Impact

Comment

sounds good
                    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Best skin so far

I have been using MI for a while and I think that it is the best front end out there. One thing that I think will make it even better would be the integration of a search function where the user could search any song from a folder of music (playlist)- winamp style. Any chance of a future upgrade doing this?
                      Thank you.. and keep up the excellent work!!!
                      Oh why do I spend so much time and money on a technology that works only half the time? Is always a work in progress? Is never complete? I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by raggaman View Post
                        I have been using MI for a while and I think that it is the best front end out there. One thing that I think will make it even better would be the integration of a search function where the user could search any song from a folder of music (playlist)- winamp style. Any chance of a future upgrade doing this?
                        Thank you.. and keep up the excellent work!!!
                        I have been noticing a need for that feature in my own car. Im driving along and I want to listen to a particular song, then I have to say ok, where the heck did I put it, oh yeah its in that one folder, where is it again, oh crap there goes my exit...@#$% I will see what I can do. Thanks.
                        Mobile Impact

Comment

Hey thanks for considering a search function! I was wondering (for curiosities sake), what language you wrote MI in.
                          Oh why do I spend so much time and money on a technology that works only half the time? Is always a work in progress? Is never complete? I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by raggaman View Post
                            Hey thanks for considering a search function! I was wondering (for curiosities sake), what language you wrote MI in.
                            Purely written in VB6. I tried to keep all the functions and the code as simple as possible. Much of the code is ugly and simplistic, but in turn it makes the program more stable and faster functioning. I dont have an SDK available for it as it would violate my agreements with some of my vendors that distribute my commercial package.
                            Mobile Impact

Comment

Great work, definatly feel that MI is the best front end. Just need to find a decent satnav bit of software for the uk and il be carputer complete! Search function would be good if you can intergrate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X