sprint wireless card as router?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprint wireless card as router?

not trying to steal but just utilize service. Is there a way to use a Sprint paid wireless card in any way to use on more than one computer? Thanks

I think this will work. Mobile router
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

If by "paid wireless card" you mean a cellular card and you're using windows, you should be able to use Internet Connection Sharing to share the connection.

Todd

Comment

re paid sprint wireless card

Yes, like the aircard or any of the various brands. We are thinking of dropping Charter Pipeline and trying to figure out if it will work at home with desktop pcs and also ona trip with multiple laptop computers. Any information pro or con would be appreciated.

Comment

You're just talking about an ad-hoc network aren't you? If your laptop is connected to the internet, it shouldn't matter how it's connected... other computers on the same network should be able to share the internet connection if they're connected ad-hoc.
          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

ad-hoc network

I am unfamiliar with this ad-hoc network. I am trying to cut out unnecessary expense and still be able to connect to the internet as quick as the Charter Pipeline. I will pursue this new knowledge. thanks

Comment

How to set up a wireless network without a router.

Comment

wireless router

Thanks for the answer. I didn't turn on this lap top for a day. I'll study on this. Pilot

Comment

Hi, have you tried to use this ad-hoc thing with a sprint/nextel wireless/ air card as far as replacing it with a wired (charter or roadrunner) cable service. I am trying to use this ad-hoc service to use with a home network and also to use "on the road" with laptops. thanks in advance pilot

Comment

Working...
                  X