am I missing something??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I missing something??

I download the 1.34 version and then Winzip opens and it goes to the Install Now window and I do that.. it does its thing, doesn't extract any files from what I see, doesn't even ask for a folder to extract to. When I click Install Now, it pops up the IRMan Config window and since I'm not using IRman.. I can't get anwhere from there.. I don't have a keyboardsetup program from what I can tell. Where am I going wrong?? Seems I turned a left instead of a right somewhere?

thx
    Cordell

Oh ok so I figured out that it was saving it in a tempory folder.. grr stupid Winzip.. anywho will play with it now
    Cordell

Comment

Ok I went through and did all of the config things.. and made the autoplay.ini file with those commands and saved it in the right place.. but I don't see the dang autoplay.exe file anywhere??? am I overlooking
      Cordell

Comment

Where did it install to ?
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

well Winzip won't let me choose where to install the files to. So it puts them in like c:\docsnsettings\user\temp I dunno why it won't let me choose.. it's very odd
          Cordell

Comment

ok I thought I had it.. got the playlists folder made.. everything.. changed the autoplay.ini file correctly.. but now when I click on the autoplay.exe, a popup window says: Run-time Error '5'. Invalid Procedure call or argument. Huh? I realized that I had to download the MS Visual Basic whatever... so now I'm at this point with the error window.
            Cordell

Comment

Originally posted by Cordell
              well Winzip won't let me choose where to install the files to. So it puts them in like c:\docsnsettings\user\temp I dunno why it won't let me choose.. it's very odd
              WTF do you mean it won't let you choose where to put the files ?

Open up autoplay-1.34.zip

choose extract to and put it where you want
              [H]4 Life
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

Holy **** Cordell, you're from Rayville ?

I live in Ruston, and work in Monroe.
                [H]4 Life
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Woa awesome! Yep.. Rayville. Who else lives around here?? Weather sucks don't it???? Haha! I thought I was the only LAer around here.. cool cool
                  Cordell

Comment

Also.. I downloaded the myhtpc program at school and it ran the zip program totally different.. stupid winzip on my puter must be out of date or something lol.. I'll check it out. Think I'm getting it to work somewhat.
                    Cordell

Comment

Can I skip this step, since I'm not using IRman or a remote?

Next step is to register the supplied mscomm32.ocx run-time library - used for serial port IRman access within your operating system. This can be achieved through one of two supplied batch files, install_lib9x.bat for windows 95/98/ME and install_libNT.bat for windows NT/2000/XP. If the batch file(s) fail, you may need to edit their command syntax to work with your target machine. Also if not already present on your system, grab a copy of the Visual Basic 6 runtime files from Microsoft to install at this time.
                      Cordell

Comment

I got everything configured now. Just when I go to run autoplay.exe it gives a run-Time Error '5'. Think it has anything to do with VB6? I downloaded it, but I dunno where it installed to. Does it have to be in the same folder as autoplay??

thanks
                        Cordell

Comment

don't mind me multiposting.. I'm just ignorant and figure things out as I post them on the forum.. guess this is a way to make clear my problem to myself.. so then I can figure it out.. haha!

*noob*
                          Cordell

Comment

Can I skip this step, since I'm not using IRman or a remote?
                            YES, just configure the keyboard.
                            [H]4 Life
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

I got everything configured now. Just when I go to run autoplay.exe it gives a run-Time Error '5'. Think it has anything to do with VB6? I downloaded it, but I dunno where it installed to. Does it have to be in the same folder as autoplay??

thanks
                              have you configured playlist.ini and ran playlistbuild.exe ?
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X