AutoPlay 1.40 deletes my MP3s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoPlay 1.40 deletes my MP3s

Well upgraded to autoplay 1,40 went can configured the ini and ran the playlist proggie, set my MP3 path to c:\mp3 and my playlist path to c:\mp3 when I click the button I get an error saying there was no mp3s in the folder, so I opended up my mp3 folder and low and behold nothing was in there! It deleted all my MP3s!

Damn, looks like a gots lots a ripping to do

Re: AutoPlay 1.40 deletes my MP3s

noooo!!!

the playlist path CANNOT be the mp3 path..... i need to make that clearer..... cause whenever you run playlistbuild, it empties the playlists folder, ready for the re-generation of new ones....

doh!
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Re: Re: AutoPlay 1.40 deletes my MP3s

Originally posted by magnetik
      noooo!!!

the playlist path CANNOT be the mp3 path..... i need to make that clearer..... cause whenever you run playlistbuild, it empties the playlists folder, ready for the re-generation of new ones....

doh!
      This sounds to me like DELETE *.* (very rude) when DELETE *.whateveryourplaylistextensionis would be sufficient ...

white bream
      working on a trilogy: CARGO - UNIGO - MERGO
      CARGO = the Car Computer
      Intel Celeron M, [P]SDC, uBlox GPS, GPRS, WLAN, Silabs FM, RDS, TMC,
      Dual-audio, Onecable TFT, Microsize: 45 x 108 x 168mm (1.8 x 4.3 x 6.6")

Comment

Ah my bad....

I will try again thx mag!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: AutoPlay 1.40 deletes my MP3s

Originally posted by henkbliek
          This sounds to me like DELETE *.* (very rude) when DELETE *.whateveryourplaylistextensionis would be sufficient ...

true, but it needs to delete subfolders too..... making that a big hard to manage....

"use at your own risk" i have quoted on my website...

sorry Stine161

well maybe now is a good time to use EAC and LAME 3.92 to rip your collection if your using a lesser ripper/encoder at present...

Comment

ah no biggie only lost a total of 100 songs or so...
            when I get around to it I will make some more skinz and what not see what I can tinker with

Comment

Well magnetik, I have a simple solution to the problem. Make it physically unable in the program to set their playlist directory to their mp3 directory or any subfolders.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

Thank god this didn't happen to me

25 Gigs of MP3s....
                [H]4 Life
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

LOTS OF THANX MAGNETIK

40 gigs MP3 DELETED !!!!!!
                  NS - neocar suite
                  -----------------
                  http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Comment

hi magnetik ,

no don't panic - didn t got any mp3 deleted

for a solution could you make it such that it only deletes files with a specific ending ? like *.m3u ? so that it leaves mp3's untouched even if someone does the fault and lets build playlists in mp3 directory ?
                    =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
                    ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
                    ::trying to build second low cost carpc::
                    ::Automp3.de :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

Comment

Originally posted by netsuo
                      LOTS OF THANX MAGNETIK

40 gigs MP3 DELETED !!!!!!
                      Like the man said use at your own risk.....

Comment

ill implement a workable solution guys..... most likely based on frodobaggins idea of the subfolder checking....

please be mindful ppl, that I dont make any money from this and have no obligation to ensure the quality of the product in anyway. just to re-confim, and as stated on my website from day one it is "use at own risk"......

not trying to sound like a prick, but at the same time I dont want to be a whipping boy for this one.... and hopefully (!) the bulk of ppl here can see things from that point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by magnetik
                          ill implement a workable solution guys..... most likely based on frodobaggins idea of the subfolder checking....

please be mindful ppl, that I dont make any money from this and have no obligation to ensure the quality of the product in anyway. just to re-confim, and as stated on my website from day one it is "use at own risk"......

not trying to sound like a prick, but at the same time I dont want to be a whipping boy for this one.... and hopefully (!) the bulk of ppl here can see things from that point of view.
                          hey I did not mean for this to turn into aa ***** fest....

Sorry if this did I know this is all on yer own time and thanks! Nice Proggie for the car use, All I wanted to do is point out a bug and look like its going to go a little too far....

Read the topic people "my bad" yeah that mean it was my fault because my mp4s got deleted not MAGs! Dont mock or put down a program just beacuse of a simple bug....

Please if an admin sees this thread close it before it get outta hand!

Comment

Don't feel bad magnetik. I would be ****ed too if mine were deleted. But in the end it would be my own fault.

But a fix would be nice.

And for those that are testing, using Autoplay, or any other software for that matter:

Always test stuff on a copy or subset of your stuff! I test autoplay with each new release before I tell it where my MP3s are !!!

Frodo
                            [H]4 Life
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

Also, in regards to my suggestion for a fix.
                              A blatent, visible warning should be given to put nothing else in the playlist folder, and tell them not to choose other folders with **** in it.
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X