No announcement yet.

Able to type on 7" screen ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able to type on 7" screen ?

Just wondering how hard it is to type the address when using GPS on a 7" lilliput.

Originally posted by ncamara
    Depends which program you're using and how good its on-screen keyboard is.
    CoPilot 8 works great for this. IGujidance's keyboard is harder because the buttons are smaller.
    I was watching a friend use mapoint and AutoPC as a frontend on a 14" screen. I'm wondering how it would work on a 7"

the keyboard that is integrated into AutoTouch is great, it works perfectly... the keyboard that comes with Windows is too small... this is even worse due to the fact I am running 800x600 display on a Xenarc... so when you squish it down to the 480 of the screen you get some really small keys...
      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

yea i must admit the keyboard integrated into AutoTouch is amazingly easy to use...

My only complaint is that it works too well I almost dont want to custom mount a

but it works fine on my 7" Lilli
        2002 DSM RSX-S
        Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk