AutoTouch2 Beta is here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoTouch2 Beta is here!

Download site is the same, I'm working on getting a larger pipe for it so I can put it somewhere else (possibly tomorrow).

Improvements are minimal, but this one allows people to create their own plug-ins as we've stated. There's a sample plug in up there, in a zip file.

Please ask questions, I'm willing to help!

Also let me know if the download fails, the old version is up there two just to keep things cool in case I screwed something up. I believe the MSI will work, but I'm not 100% positive because the two machines I've got to test it on had older versions, and the speech sdk on it!

This is very much a beta!
    -G
    try the AutoTouch FrontEnd

I've moved the files to a faster server and updated the web page...

hopefully this will help y'all out!

-G
    -G

Comment

Just tried installing on a machine without MapPoint and it crashes so fast you can't read the dialog. Sorry about that I'll get it fixed shortly. If you don't have map point remove the line from the skin in the <PAGES> section that references ATMapPoint.DLL and it'll start up just fine (of course with no nav)
      -G

Comment

Gremlin: Noticed your pic...You race shifter karts? I just got into it last year. Awesome sport.

Comment

Yeah, it's excellent fun. I drive a Tony Mitox with an APD Honda Engine on it. I've been doing it for at least 7 years now. SKUSA Z region.

-G
          -G

Comment

Another release tonight...

This one adds the abillity to make buttons on the main page which launch other applications (the sample is the old DVD launching) so you can run frodo-player or other video items. There is a sample line in both the MBrown and Zorro skins on how to do this.

-G

Since there hasn't been much activity has anyone tried it out yet?
            -G

Comment

I'm having trouble accessing the faster link site, so I'm going to have to try again putting it up in the morning, sorry about the delay. You'll know you got the new one if the icon is a round circle with AT2 in it, instead of the old Monaco logo

-G
              -G

Comment

been having cold morning issues, I am finally back up this morning... the poor PC hard drive doesn't like freezing temps... I found a mechanical thermostat (uses no power) that I am gonna use to kick on a small light bulb (for now), when the temps drop below 40 degrees... fingers crossed...
                EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin
                  This one adds the abillity to make buttons on the main page which launch other applications (the sample is the old DVD launching) so you can run frodo-player or other video items.
                  Does the current version on your site support this? or do we have to wait for the update?
                  Since there hasn't been much activity has anyone tried it out yet?
                  Great Job on this... Version 2 loads much faster. Any chance of Album Art and Embedded Radiator support?

Comment

The update was on the site as of yesterday morning, so if you have the new icon (the one that matches the one at the top of the site) then you have this.

I support album art if you have it in windows media player. I don't know what Embedded Radiator is.

-G
                    -G

Comment

is there any way to get the album art to scale to a chosen window size??

I used Tag&Rename on over 5000 songs, I went and got album art for each file and embedded them into each mp3. Then I go and launch them in AutoTouch and I can only see the upper right corner of the album art. I adapted a skin to show the full album cover, but I would rather have the ability to "shrink" this image down.
                      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

I have all the album art embedded in my mp3s as well. I can't get anything to show up in AutoTouch though. I can see it in WMP and I have the visualization set to "Album Art" . Is there something that I'm missing? I also played around with the AlbumImage tag size.

Comment

right, but that window has little effect on the output, it limits the size but does not stretch or scale down the image... I'm sure this is possible cause Frodo and Centrafuse do it...

Comment

I'll look at this , I look for a jpg in the directory you're playing the song from called Album I think, can you tell me what the file is in your cases?

-G
                            -G

Comment

mp3 tags enable you to embed the image in the MP3 file... otherwise there is a JPG placed in the folder, these are the two ways of picking up album covers that I have run across...

my normal JPG in the directory is 300x300 because that is what Amazon uses and Tag&Rename picks those up for you... I am not sure this is "standardized", but other front ends allow any album art size.

Comment

Working...
                              X