X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page load error

When I launch Autotouch v203, I get this error:
    Page load error -
    Could not load the page Navigation, Perhaps the DLL is missing, or a piece the DLL needs is missing.

I've installed:
    .net 2
    mappoint 2k4
    wmp10

Interesting...

Okay, let me think about this.

I may need to build a debug version and see if I can't get more information from the error. Or at least a version which will give you more output than that. Usually this has been an error with map point not having been there. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

-G
    -G
    try the AutoTouch FrontEnd

Comment

Which OS are you running on, and what version of MapPoint 2K4 are you running?

I just tried it on yet another machine, and all seemed good so I want to narrow this down for you quickly.
      -G

Comment

winxppro, mappoint2k4 (11.00.18.1900)

edit: the same error appears when clicking the day/night buttons as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vonfulk
          winxppro, mappoint2k4 (11.00.18.1900)

edit: the same error appears when clicking the day/night buttons as well.
          Okay that's what I'm running, still looking into what the problem could be. I would expect the same error to occur clicking day/night buttons since they cause a skin refresh.

What I'm curious about is that this comes up when you launch, and yet the rest of the system still loads (I'm trying to recall if I made it operate this way). If this is the case the rest of the system is functioning. MapPoint that you have is for US or Europe? And I assume that MapPoint also comes up just fine by itself?
          -G

Comment

Yes, I'm using the US version and mappoint works fine outside.

Comment

Okay thanks, sorry for the delay. Work has been hellacious lately, and I even had to work over the labour day weekend!!!

I'm working on a build with some more data so we can get to the bottom of this now. I'm removing mappoint from my laptop to verify the data comes out...
              -G

Comment

Okay,

There's now a new version on the download page (still showing as the same version number) but I expect it will also fail to load the navigation pane. The difference is the dialog when it fails will show you a scrolling edit box with the exception text in it. If you can copy this and send it to me I can look at it and see if I can help you get it working!

Again I apologise for the delay.
                -G

Comment

no worries, appreciate any help you offer.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {96749377-3391-11D2-9EE3-00C04F797396} failed with HRESULT: 0x80040154(Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))).
                  at ATMapPoint.NavigationForm.InitForm(ControllingForm control)
                  at AutoTouchDLL.ControllingForm.ParsePagesData(XmlNod e nodePages)

Comment

Great, awesome thank you!

that failure is with the speech library, apparently the speech stuff isn't getting installed properly. Let me look into what I'm doing wrong!
                    -G

Comment

Cursory examination shows that there's some problem building the setup that I can't quite figure it out in the time I've had. For now if you run into this error I'd suggest downloading the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and installing it. I'm working on a better fix but I'm not sure when that'll happen
                      -G

Comment

installed Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 but i'm still getting the same error.

Comment

#$%#$* looking into it more. I'm setting up a machine with mappoint but no voice
                          -G

Comment

Could you try another thing for me. Download the old .63 version and install it. Then try the new version and see if it works then?
                            -G

Comment

I installed autotouch6.4 and got this:

Failed to initialise the Navigation Form.
                              Do you have MapPoint 2004 Installed?
                              Have you set the correct Map in the skin.xml file?
                              System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {96749377-3391-11D2-9EE3-00C04F797396} is either not valid or not registered.
                              at CarInterface.NavigationForm..ctor(ControllingForm control)
                              at CarInterface.ControllingForm..ctor()

Stack Trace
                              ===========

at CarInterface.NavigationForm..ctor(ControllingForm control)
                              at CarInterface.ControllingForm..ctor()

I'm beginning to think its my windows installation, unless you have any other suggestions? Also, mappoint is not installed in the default directory, does it matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X