How many users do we really have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many users do we really have?

Ok, so looking at the downloads section of the google project, CarFrontEnd 1.0a7 has been downloaded 77 times as of right now.

I have to wonder, do we really have that many users or are one of you continually downloading it to make me feel better?

To put it in perspective, here are the counts starting with 1.0a2 (first release with the installer):
    2: 64 over 7 days
    3: 7 in less than a day (That was the really horrible release)
    4: 20 in 3 days
    5: 45 in 15 days
    6: 34 in 17 days
    7: 77 in 26 days (and counting)

So what's the scoop? Anyone want to take a guess at how many users we really have (if there are 77 of us, you are a quiet bunch )? Or fess up to artificially inflating the count?

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

I didn't even download every release, so... maybe there *are* that many users?

Comment

I recently downloaded it. I like it, except it is a little limited in the looks department! Also, it could use some plug-ins, but none of the other FE's do all the stuff I want either.

OTOH, it is dead simple to use and I really like that.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        I recently downloaded it. I like it, except it is a little limited in the looks department! Also, it could use some plug-ins, but none of the other FE's do all the stuff I want either.
        Please post your ideas and thoughts (in relevant threads). Obviously I won't get to anything in the near term, but I can't make it more appealing without feedback

-dave
        My pathetic worklog.
        CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I haven't been downloading every version either.. I skipped from .4 to .7

Comment

Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
            Please post your ideas and thoughts (in relevant threads). Obviously I won't get to anything in the near term, but I can't make it more appealing without feedback

-dave
            I just downloaded it a few minutes ago. Since I just finished my Mac Mini 500 GB 3.5" HD install I will install it once I hook everything back up again and let you know any idea that I have.

I'm not too strong on programming anymore. I'm more of a hardware person, so I don't think I'll be too much help with actually programming it.

1996 Accord Ex Carputer

Soon to come 2008 WRX 5-door Mac-carputer.

Comment

I will be downloading it in a fews days

Comment

i would download it now if i could actually find the download haha. i dont know, maybe i am just dumb but nothing really seems to say "...and heres where you download the front ends that are being discussed in the forums"

Comment

http://code.google.com/p/mac-carfrontend/

Comment

soon to be user, cant wait to get my first carpc up n running

Comment

It's not car ready yet but I'm using it to demonstrate the concept of a simple, purpose specific GUI being kept uncluttered by unnecessary controls and options.
                      Once it's a bit more functional and A&A actually works I'll have to decide if one of my G4 Cubes is going in the car or if I'm going to need something that'll support Leo.

Comment

nliwilson, you don't happen do be the one who reported the bug in A&A? Because I can't reproduce the bug and I haven't got around to contact the one who reported it (I suppose I can use his username with @gmail.com...)

Still, I will try to find and fix it as soon as I have some free time on my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bpwned View Post
                          nliwilson, you don't happen do be the one who reported the bug in A&A? Because I can't reproduce the bug and I haven't got around to contact the one who reported it (I suppose I can use his username with @gmail.com...)

Still, I will try to find and fix it as soon as I have some free time on my hands.
                          No I haven't submitted a bug report, sorry. I'm still using Tiger at the moment so to be honest I just assumed it was a compatibility issue, basically after installing CFE and even after manually adding A&A I still get a blank panel (apart from the white scroll-bar background) where the A&A list should be.

Comment

Working...
                          X