Radar - Laser Detector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar - Laser Detector

Dose any one know if there is a DETECTOR available for a carputer? Or an emitter to "OPEN GARAGE DOORS" that by some strange quirk jams portable radar emitters for 4-5 seconds if left on unintentionaly. Not that we would do that intentionally would we????????
    Steve

Garage door opener - I've been schemming up a plan to incorperate a GD-opener into my car.

I will use a BASIC STAMPII with an IR o RF transmitter, then right software to scan the frequency until the system opens the garage door.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

heh like your thinking dude
      there are a couple of makes of laser "jammers" that are avaliable
      and yeah they do open garage doors too (hence legal loophole)
      as for radar jammers here in the uk, not really
      theres two types of radar jammers known, active and passive
      active are illegal, and passive arnt, for the simple reason they cant ban passive types as they dont transmit anything, passive works by adding a fm chirp to the signal so that the radar gun gets confused, therfore its not breakin radio tarnsmissions laws, active however are more efficiant (as they do transmit a confusing signal)
      as for laser detectors, all they do is tell you you've just been done!
      laser guns take a few thousand accurate readins a second it would be pointless to have a laser detector, cops use laser guns much more than radar guns these days because of this fact!

but good news is most roadside cameras are all radar hence you can get to see them before they see you with a radar detector! its when roadside cameras are all converterd to face you oncomin direction and use laser instead of radar that were all doomed!!
      Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Failing that, just don't speed! I mean, I don't have 7 years no claims for no reason.....
        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")
        Bunny's first poo
        __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
          Failing that, just don't speed! I mean, I don't have 7 years no claims for no reason.....
          Speed??
          Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by IntellaWorks
            Garage door opener - I've been schemming up a plan to incorperate a GD-opener into my car.

I will use a BASIC STAMPII with an IR o RF transmitter, then right software to scan the frequency until the system opens the garage door.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.
            Its possible view the scheme ?
            The code to write in Assembler or Pic basic?

Comment

Only 7 years I passed my test in 73 no claims or convictions or accidents only had one stolen and that was in Moroco so 31 yrs no claims! but a moments lapse could change all that
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Grunge-Futtoch
                Only 7 years I passed my test in 73 no claims or convictions or accidents only had one stolen and that was in Moroco so 31 yrs no claims! but a moments lapse could change all that
                Steve
                Yeah but, back then cars were slower, and there were waaaay less people on the road. I passed my test in a generation that exists such phrases as "road-rage" and "impress your mates" so the fact that at your age you're still impetuous and still looking to break the law makes me the better driver.....
                In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")
                Bunny's first poo
                __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Danceheaven
                  heh like your thinking dude
                  there are a couple of makes of laser "jammers" that are avaliable
                  and yeah they do open garage doors too (hence legal loophole)
                  as for radar jammers here in the uk, not really
                  theres two types of radar jammers known, active and passive
                  active are illegal, and passive arnt, for the simple reason they cant ban passive types as they dont transmit anything, passive works by adding a fm chirp to the signal so that the radar gun gets confused, therfore its not breakin radio tarnsmissions laws, active however are more efficiant (as they do transmit a confusing signal)
                  as for laser detectors, all they do is tell you you've just been done!
                  laser guns take a few thousand accurate readins a second it would be pointless to have a laser detector, cops use laser guns much more than radar guns these days because of this fact!

but good news is most roadside cameras are all radar hence you can get to see them before they see you with a radar detector! its when roadside cameras are all converterd to face you oncomin direction and use laser instead of radar that were all doomed!!

A patrol car I think must follow you for 3/4 of a mile and average the speed. a laser detector on a road angel went off on a friend of mine on the A55 he thinks it came from a black volvo estate. It possobly saved him points! he swares by it
                  Steve

Comment

Besides, you don't get cheaper premiums for 31 years no claims....
                    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")
                    Bunny's first poo
                    __ U

Comment

Yeah but, back then cars were slower, and there were waaaay less people on the road. I passed my test in a generation that exists such phrases as "road-rage" and "impress your mates" so the fact that at your age you're still impetuous and still looking to break the law makes me the better driver.....
                      Possibly But I drive 25,000 a year and thats just in my car. at 21 I had a e type , at 27 I had a 308 GTB, I have owned lotus`s a AC 427, ast cars you dont know your born, and all before ABS,power sterring, and all the other toys

Comment

Originally posted by Grunge-Futtoch
                        Possibly But I drive 25,000 a year and thats just in my car. at 21 I had a e type , at 27 I had a 308 GTB, I have owned lotus`s a AC 427, ast cars you dont know your born, and all before ABS,power sterring, and all the other toys
                        You wouldn't need those toys if you were driving in the '70's....
                        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")
                        Bunny's first poo
                        __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                          and what does all this have to do with Destinator 3 ?? ? ?? ? ?

Mods, I think a removal van is required for this thread.
                          Yeah, they need to hurry up and give me mod powers of this place
                          Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Sorry gents grovel grovel, please dont banish me yet. 3 more days to go. I might have to call in on Laidback on my wey south.

Comment

Working...
                            X