Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destinator 3 Installed - United States

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Destinator 3 Installed - United States

    I am kinda lost and I would really appriciate some help! I did for this with no results. I don't see much documentation here...

    I got the Destinator 3 1.1 files from another forum, got them installed ok, and I am running it ok. It see's my GPS etc etc.. My question is:

    WHERE CAN I FIND A US MAP?? I can't for the life of me! I only see the map of Florance like it comes with...... If anyone would help I would reeeeallly love to test this out ASAP. Thanks! -Brett W

    PS: Ninja Monkey - GREAT WORK!! I love it (so far - the graphics and menus - wrong map though)

  • #2
    You have to buy them

    http://www.destinator1.com/storefron...category=3&id=

    Also, can I ask which forums you got the files from? I'm interested to see how popular this has got
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      You know... I don't see it. It was one of the pages on this site somewhere - a link to download the Desinator 1.2 beta I believe.... I was unaware that I would have to purchase a map! $149!! Since I am fairly new to the GPS, could you tell me if they are all this way? What other options do I even have? I see iGuidance 2, Routis, Desinator (this one), and CoPilot 7. I have not clue what Routis is and I dont see much documentation on it. I am confused on iGuidance too, but I believe that's a purchased item as well. CoPilot is purchased, I know. I just would like to actually be able to test out one of these programs while driving to get a feel for it before plopping down the money. But Destinator doesn't have a way for me to test this (U.S.) i'm assuming? Thanks Ninja! -BW

      Comment


      • #4
        You wanna play, you gotta pay.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

        Comment


        • #5
          You can send me 150 bucks
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

          Comment


          • #6
            LOL

            Comment


            • #7
              to get these good maps its expensive. so its not like you'll find good maps for free.
              '98 Explorer Sport
              http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
              AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
              80% done

              Comment


              • #8
                the us maps arent the greatest, they are missing alot of addreses, it doesnt have 4 out of the 5 addresses I tried. I use routis now and I haven't found an address it couldn't find.
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

                Comment


                • #9
                  Move to Europe.. every street/number is on the map
                  LOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello. I LOVE Desinator! Every address I have tried so far works fine - although that's not too many.

                    Ninja Monkey's Frontend is cool too! I drove around last night with it and it's really cool. I can't wait to get it permenantly mounted in the dash.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For those of us with the US maps, has anyboby found a way to splice them all together?
                      2007 Tahoe
                      Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

                      My Install

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Naamanf
                        For those of us with the US maps, has anyboby found a way to splice them all together?
                        Hmm, leave it with me
                        Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheKingPlaza
                          Move to Europe.. every street/number is on the map
                          LOL


                          uhm I think i'll just stick with routis
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            is destinator 3 originally for a pocket pc? what i'm asking is actually... i want to purchase the destinator 3 software and need to know if what i'm about to buy is what i need for this front end by ninja monkey.

                            below is the description that i'm looking at:

                            PowerLOC's Destinator Personal Navigation Software for use on POCKET PCs (version 3.0 - Software Version is 3.0.09 / Web Activation Version). This product provides superb and accurate directions (visually and by voice prompts) to any destination in North America by use of the award winning NAVTECH maps. This boxed OEM product includes Destinator 3.0 software and maps (North America - Version 3). The software is compatible with and supports any NMEA compliant GPS Receiver.

                            thanks!
                            "Computers in the future may weigh no more than one and a half tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by core212
                              is destinator 3 originally for a pocket pc? what i'm asking is actually... i want to purchase the destinator 3 software and need to know if what i'm about to buy is what i need for this front end by ninja monkey.

                              below is the description that i'm looking at:

                              PowerLOC's Destinator Personal Navigation Software for use on POCKET PCs (version 3.0 - Software Version is 3.0.09 / Web Activation Version). This product provides superb and accurate directions (visually and by voice prompts) to any destination in North America by use of the award winning NAVTECH maps. This boxed OEM product includes Destinator 3.0 software and maps (North America - Version 3). The software is compatible with and supports any NMEA compliant GPS Receiver.

                              thanks!
                              NO, Go to this link US MAPS its the fist choice you see,$149.00. This is just the maps. Thats all you need and download the frontend by Ninja Monkey, found HERE V 1.1 then update to 1.1.2 found HERE
                              Then you would load the maps from the CD

                              Sent ya a PM
                              [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
                              [iGmon]
                              Download MP3 MixTapes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X