Font Tahoma not found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Tahoma not found

When I try to start the app, i got the message " Application Font Tahoma not found.."

And when I click Ok i got this message "Maneuver Windows Font Tahoma not found"

But i got the font, and I tried to install it from a computer where the D3 app works?

What to do??

Tahoma is a windows system font.... not sure why it would be 'missing'
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

you have the font, to install it do the following

open up control panel, in there click on the font icon.. a folder will open with all your currently installed fonts.. just copy the font into it.. you should see a message saying installing font for a second

Cdr
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
        you have the font, to install it do the following

open up control panel, in there click on the font icon.. a folder will open with all your currently installed fonts.. just copy the font into it.. you should see a message saying installing font for a second

Cdr
        I know how to install fonts, and i have tryed this! but it arent helping

Comment

I also got this problem now, only map monkey and freedrive that says this, anyone knows a way to solve this?

Comment

Do you have a lot of fonts? (ie, in the thousands)
            Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

no, 355 installed

Comment

Originally posted by clemen View Post
                When I try to start the app, i got the message " Application Font Tahoma not found.."

And when I click Ok i got this message "Maneuver Windows Font Tahoma not found"

But i got the font, and I tried to install it from a computer where the D3 app works?

What to do??
                Might be an old thread but I have an answer.

I'm new to this CarPC lark and just starting down the road of an install.
                I had the above on a laptop with XP SP2. Tahoma was indeed installed, however this is how I got around it...

Make a new folder named "stored fonts" stick it wherever you want I choose my docs.
                Open control panel then the fonts folder.
                Copy (and I'll reiterate COPY) the entire contents of the original font folder to your "stored fonts" folder.

EDIT:
                Sorry I see I missed a bit out, after copying, delete all the fonts in the original fonts folder in control panel.

You'll get some messages stating that windows can't move certain fonts, ignore them.
                Once the copying process has completed, close the open windows and restart system.
                Windows will reinstall the required fonts one of which is Tahoma.

My map monkey now opens without the Tahhoma error.

You may find some programs having problems finding fonts, depends what you running. You can copy individual font's or tell any programs to use another font if required.
                hths
                \v/

Comment

Originally posted by NobbyV4 View Post
                  Might be an old thread but I have an answer.

I'm new to this CarPC lark and just starting down the road of an install.
                  I had the above on a laptop with XP SP2. Tahoma was indeed installed, however this is how I got around it...

Make a new folder named "stored fonts" stick it wherever you want I choose my docs.
                  Open control panel then the fonts folder.
                  Copy (and I'll reiterate COPY) the entire contents of the original font folder to your "stored fonts" folder.
                  You'll get some messages stating that windows can't move certain fonts, ignore them.
                  Once the copying process has completed, close the open windows and restart system.
                  Windows will reinstall the required fonts one of which is Tahoma.

My map monkey now opens without the Tahhoma error.

You may find some programs having problems finding fonts, depends what you running. You can copy individual font's or tell any programs to use another font if required.
                  hths
                  \v/
                  If you just "COPY" the fonts to a new folder, why would Windows want to re-install them
                  They are still there Don't you mean "MOVE" ?
                  Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                  Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                  Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Originally posted by wizz View Post
                    If you just "COPY" the fonts to a new folder, why would Windows want to re-install them
                    They are still there Don't you mean "MOVE" ?
                    Sorry I see I missed a bit out, after copying, delete all the fonts in the original fonts folder in control panel.

No defo copy them, windows programs (and other software looks for fonts they don't install in their own created folder) look for the font's in the original location as far as I see it.

The reason for copying them is so if a program need a particular font to work correctly you can return it to the windows font folder.

Windows demands some fonts for dialog boxes ect so reinstalls some when it detects they are not present.

Works for me.

Another Plus point is quicker boot up as windows is not loading all those surplus fonts it doesn't require.

Comment

How to Fix - Font Tahoma not found, and Vista!

Hi all,

I see a lot of peeps had this issue being a tech head I couldnt let it beat me on all my development PCs which include Visual studio and XP the program runs fine so I never needed a solution, then I brought a Vista laptop to trip to OZ and installed Mapmonkey as a back up to my GPS and bang!!! "Font Not Found!" - I can live with the error box, but none of the setting windows opened without crashing the program.... now I have no idea of the internals of font registering for the windows system but I tried every/all the steps of removing the font reinstalling the font... intalling an old font.. vista one is twice as large as my xp ones 600k instread of 300k... blah blah... and the same errors.

It annoyed me so much it was time for a little reverse engineering...

How to Fix Missing Font Error.

1) If you haven't already edit with notepad the 'c:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Vis ual\All\Destinator.inf'
                      there may be 2 referances to "Tahoma" in there do a find and replace "Tahoma" for "Arial" and save it, this will remove 2 font errors.

2) the other reference to "Tahoma" as already stated is in the 'DestDLL.dll' so this is a little more tricky to change this one... make a back up of this before you start playing.

Using a Hex Editor open the 'DestDLL.dll'
                      Goto Address 000092A26 which should read 'PUSH 01012A608' or in Hex '6808A61210' <- Tahoma Font call
                      Change the Hex to '68584F1210' <- which will call for the 'Arial' font instead.
                      Save the file and your done.

No more Font errors, also you may have to check your skin isnt calling the font but I dont change those.

This allows Map Monkey and Destinator 3 SDK to work fine on VISTA!!!! hurray! Job done.

I know this sounds a little complicated but its pretty straight forward as long as you know how to use a hex editor, alternitvely I could create a patch to do the work for you and this would NOT contain any copyright material, admins just let me know.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by toc View Post
                        Hi all,

I see a lot of peeps had this issue being a tech head I couldnt let it beat me on all my development PCs which include Visual studio and XP the program runs fine so I never needed a solution, then I brought a Vista laptop to trip to OZ and installed Mapmonkey as a back up to my GPS and bang!!! "Font Not Found!" - I can live with the error box, but none of the setting windows opened without crashing the program.... now I have no idea of the internals of font registering for the windows system but I tried every/all the steps of removing the font reinstalling the font... intalling an old font.. vista one is twice as large as my xp ones 600k instread of 300k... blah blah... and the same errors.

It annoyed me so much it was time for a little reverse engineering...

How to Fix Missing Font Error.

1) If you haven't already edit with notepad the 'c:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Vis ual\All\Destinator.inf'
                        there may be 2 referances to "Tahoma" in there do a find and replace "Tahoma" for "Arial" and save it, this will remove 2 font errors.

2) the other reference to "Tahoma" as already stated is in the 'DestDLL.dll' so this is a little more tricky to change this one... make a back up of this before you start playing.

Using a Hex Editor open the 'DestDLL.dll'
                        Goto Address 000092A26 which should read 'PUSH 01012A608' or in Hex '6808A61210' <- Tahoma Font call
                        Change the Hex to '68584F1210' <- which will call for the 'Arial' font instead.
                        Save the file and your done.

No more Font errors, also you may have to check your skin isnt calling the font but I dont change those.

This allows Map Monkey and Destinator 3 SDK to work fine on VISTA!!!! hurray! Job done.

I know this sounds a little complicated but its pretty straight forward as long as you know how to use a hex editor, alternitvely I could create a patch to do the work for you and this would NOT contain any copyright material, admins just let me know.

Hope this helps.
                        I'm running RR/MM on my Vista desktop and get this problem too (no trouble in the car with XP Pro).
                        I got as far as "Goto Address 000092A26" but my Hex editor is saying "no such address", so perhaps a patch might be in order.

Comment

Bump !

Comment

Patch

sounds as if you need to check offset or how the hex editor is reading the address search for 68584F1210 may help... 1 sec ill make a patch.

ok done, heres a patch, the CRC32 check will have to validate your using the correct DestDLL.dll to work.

dont forget to remove the font from the .inf, all above.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wwhyoj

^ patch for 'Tahoma Font Missing' error.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by toc View Post
                              sounds as if you need to check offset or how the hex editor is reading the address search for 68584F1210 may help... 1 sec ill make a patch.

ok done, heres a patch, the CRC32 check will have to validate your using the correct DestDLL.dll to work.

dont forget to remove the font from the .inf, all above.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wwhyoj

^ patch for 'Tahoma Font Missing' error.

Good luck.
                              Still in trouble, your patch is telling me I have the wrong version of DestDLL.dll. I've PM'd you

Comment

Working...
                              X