Font Display Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Display Problem

There seems to be a problem with Destinator Frontend when it comes to manipulate foreign (not English) characters. I'll include some pics.

(Thanks NM )
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Seth
    There seems to be a problem with Destinator Frontend when it comes to manipulate foreign (not English) characters. I'll include some pics.

(Thanks NM )
    I see from the other thread you already tried to change the font inside the DLL. When you did this did the font on the map actually change?

You might want to change every reference of "Tahoma" in the dll with a known font that works

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this to test
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

To be honest I didn't notice the font change

Also I changed that specific value only and not every "Tahoma" reference. I'll try it

Comment

I have the same problem!!!
        But is this a font problem (concerning maps), since there are two versions for the maps.. Greek and English!!!

Comment

Ninja I tested what you suggested but nothing. The same problem exists. One thing is strange though...the default font (Tahoma) DOES support Greek characters (at least in M$ Word) which is odd

Comment

This is a font problem, also this isnt odd that the font doesnt work, take the MSWORD, use the "insert -> symbol" menu, and choose tahoma, then you will see all the sings in tahoma, now, you need to search the chars block that destinator shows insted of the greek chars (see pic), now you have two options, one, find a font that has greek chars in the same place, second edit the font and replace the chars in the font to fit your needs....

in the pic, the blue circle shows the block that destinator shows... (seems similar to the pic you showed) the red chars are hebrew chars that I mod to show hebrew chars... (I dont know if it is a good thing to chang tahoma font, this is windows system font... so I think the best is to find a font that has Greek chars in the same "address"). (00E0)
            Attached Files

Comment

Also all the other fonts, the ones that are not in the map (menus, dialogs..) you can change from the skin ini.

(sometimes needs a restart after the change).

Comment

One more thing,

I hope you did the change in the "DestDLL.dll" file, you can check if it works by changing the font name to a font that doesnt exists, (it is case sensitive - so you can edit it to a font - "arial" and run the prog, it suppose to display a msgbox telling you u dont have the font).

hope all of those replay will help you .

Comment

Almost there....

(Thanks AYahoo )
                  Attached Files

Comment

Almost there....

(Thanks AYahoo )
                    Can you post your modified DestDLL and replacement font (if it's not a system one) when you've finished? I'd like to add it to the FAQ

Comment

Sure n/p. Just a few things to fix.
                      btw how can I make the scroll bar larger?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sure n/p. Just a few things to fix.
                        btw how can I make the scroll bar larger?
                        Here's the one used in the new classic skin for 1.1.3

just unzip the files into DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\ All

Note: Replacing the destinator.inf will put your dialog fonts back to Tahoma
                        Attached Files

Comment

Works like a charm...thanks NM..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok here is a rough walkthrough of how to make Destinator Frontend "see" correctly "non-English" characters (in this case Greek letters).
                            A BIG thanks to AYahoo for pointing to the right direction...

The logic of this attempt is that Destinator application has as default the Tahoma font from which it "reads" standard and non-standard characters.
                            The trick is :

1) Find a font that has the correct greek charset in the place (inside the font) Destinator looks for non-standard encoding chars.

2)Install that font.

3)Make corrections to some .inf / .exe / .dll files so that they use the new font instead of Tahoma.

For the Greek peeps here this font is Arial Greek which I modified internally and named "ArialG" because I had a TON of problems persuading Destinator to look for "Arial Greek" rather than "ArialG". Go figure...

So what has to be done is to download the font, install it and make the following changes :

1) File : C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\DestDLL.dll
                            Open with hex editor and replace any "Tahoma" reference with "ArialG"
                            WARNING : This is case sensitive so it must be *exactly* as stated above...

2) File : C:\DestinatorApps\Frontend\Destinator\Destinator3. exe
                            Open with hex editor and replace any "Tahoma" reference with "ArialG"
                            Again this is case sensitive so be carefull...

3) Download Scrollbar_Classic.zip (NM posted earlier) and unzip it in C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visu al\Greek\
                            (overwrite existing files)

4) Open C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visu al\Greek\Destinator.inf with notepad and replace in the next 2 lines the word "Tahoma" with "ArialG" :

::V,45,60,40,45,Tahoma,20,500,14,700

::F,Tahoma,20,0,25,0
                            (you can play with the numeric values if you want to change the font size)

It should work now and the only thing left is modify the skin and OSK to display in Greek.

Usefull links:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...vi32/xvi32.htm (HEX editor)
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36266 (Greek visual pack *should* be installed...thanks miagi )

That's all folks...!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

NP Glade everything worked out....

Comment

Working...
                              X