Speed traps alerts,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed traps alerts,

Nobody here mentioned the problem that destinator alerts when you get to a RADIUS of the speed traps but it doesn't take into consideration the direction it is points.... I mean, if the camera is in the other direction, why do I need to get alerted?? Nobody find this disturbing?

better than not being alerted at all!

Comment

turn the feature off if you dont liek it
      CarPC Status:
      [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
      IRman PS2 Remote USB 2.0 Powered Hub Backup HD

Coming Soon:
      Aopen Pandora Celeron M 1.4 CPU 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

Comment

I want to be alerted, but just on the correct side... no on those in the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by AYahoo
          I want to be alerted, but just on the correct side... no on those in the opposite direction.
          Many cameras can face both directions.

Comment

not in Israel .

Comment

The Databases don't have that information, find me one that does and I'll look into it
              Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

I have one for Israel DB..

Comment

hmmm.... can you include that information for the manually added cams? And then if you are going through one that is only in one direction, and it alerts you, clicking on the add-button it would include the "side information"?

or an option when adding : both sides?
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                  Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Round my way they turn some of them round to face the other direction every so often
                    SB

"The gene pool could use a little chlorine..."

Comment

IMHO warning you when you get close to any camera is a good thing. According to UK government cameras are only put in accident blackspots!!! B**LOCKS ;-)

And i'd rather know they were there, and be warned, than not have the software anf get caught. Also it beats spending the 400 on an off the shelf detector.

The detection process isn't perfect, we all know that but its getting better and its free, what more can I say!

John
                      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

i have a 400 off theshelf GPS Gatso detector and it does only alertyou to cameras facing the direction concerning yourself.

Its ORiginb2 : www.originB2.com

i can't see them letting you use the database - i download it once a week straight to my device and cant see a way to get it onto PC

will try tho if someone has ideas

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNick2
                          i have a 400 off theshelf GPS Gatso detector and it does only alertyou to cameras facing the direction concerning yourself.

Its ORiginb2 : www.originB2.com

i can't see them letting you use the database - i download it once a week straight to my device and cant see a way to get it onto PC

will try tho if someone has ideas
                          I found out the FTP server + login/pass that my snooper S4 was connecting to by using Ethereal.

Unfortunately I can't make sense of the database. It's in ASCII format but I don't think it long/lat

Comment

the originB2 database is long/lat cos i can get it to give me my long lat position....

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNick2
                              the originB2 database is long/lat cos i can get it to give me my long lat position....
                              Give ethereal a try then, and see where it connects

Edit: Ah wait, does it have it's own modem or something? can you not have it update through the PC?

Comment

Working...
                              X