Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add More Roads to a destinator Map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Add More Roads to a destinator Map?

    Do Yall know of a way to add roads to an existing Destinator map the map of my city isnt complete from Destinator lots of new roads mabe a way to draw ones on it o even to get at the beggining of a road then drive to the end of it and tell destinator to record it to the map and give it a name Is there any way to add roads to the maps??????
    CENTRAFUSE From Flux Media
    The Ultimate Infotainment Interface
    Download V1.20 from there site now!!!!
    Download the new 2.0 RC1 From here Linky

  • #2
    interesting...but i dont see how many ppl would want to do this
    DICE Los Angeles
    ]

    Comment


    • #3
      How about to name "unnamed street".
      Is this possible????

      Comment


      • #4
        oh god yes i forgot about that....i hate esspecially when it tells you to take local roads? WTF?
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bns2000
          Do Yall know of a way to add roads to an existing Destinator map the map of my city isnt complete from Destinator lots of new roads mabe a way to draw ones on it o even to get at the beggining of a road then drive to the end of it and tell destinator to record it to the map and give it a name Is there any way to add roads to the maps??????
          Yep, get a job at Navteq
          Laidback


          The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

          Comment


          • #6
            bns200, are the ponctuation keys on your keyboard ALL dead ? Believe me, very hard reading for some of us

            Anyway, AFAIK, absolutely no way to play with the proprietary format of the maps, nothing simple like defining a road with its coordinates (X,Y) to (Z,T).

            Surely the guys at Navtech would not make it easy to tamper with...

            Comment


            • #7
              is the spell check button on yours??

              pUnctuation...... My friend

              Comment


              • #8
                I cant find a spellcheck button on my keyboard. Bah the damn thing must be broken.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by johnwharrison
                  I cant find a spellcheck button on my keyboard. Bah the damn thing must be broken.
                  It's next to the 'any' key
                  Laidback


                  The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OriginalNick2
                    is the spell check button on yours??

                    pUnctuation...... My friend
                    Don't forget to capitalize the first letter in a sentence.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can of worms anyone?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Back to OPs question, could do with an edit feature really, because as good as the maps may be, they do contain some glaringly obvious errors for locations too. Farnborough and Aldershot for example substituted by the borough name instead!! Not sure how many others are like this?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Loads up north too, searched google but didn't seem to be anywhere obvious.
                          Can't be that hard to record your GPS positions and add a road in as an image, asking you to name it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I tell ye why you'd wanna do this -cuase when ye live in places like ireland an most of the damn roads are missing is would be nice to have say a button 'start road... you drive the road... hit end road... and the road is now included. or auto learn mode where is automatically includes roads it recognises as not being in its DB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Using the play/record feature in D3 is where it needs to be. Once the route is recorded, edit the details of the route and merge with the database.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X