Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 with USB GPS after HIBERNATION

Hello , let me introduce my problem.

I am running FRODOPLAYER with D3 embedded , i am using HIBERNATION , all working well accept my GPS , when returning from hibernation the voice states "GPS RECEIVER not found" , but when i enter the GPS settings in the D3 all is FILLED in correctly so COM4 38400 bps SIRF mode.

What i discovered is when i just press the SET GPS button my gps is detected and working !!!!

so maybe silly question , but can you make a program or button in D3 where you can assign the SET GPS function (manualy or automaticly after hibernation)?so that i don't have to go through the menu's every time to reactivate my GPS ?

THANX in advance

Bond007BE
    the sun always shine

Originally posted by BOND007BE
    Hello , let me introduce my problem.

I am running FRODOPLAYER with D3 embedded , i am using HIBERNATION , all working well accept my GPS , when returning from hibernation the voice states "GPS RECEIVER not found" , but when i enter the GPS settings in the D3 all is FILLED in correctly so COM4 38400 bps SIRF mode.

What i discovered is when i just press the SET GPS button my gps is detected and working !!!!

so maybe silly question , but can you make a program or button in D3 where you can assign the SET GPS function (manualy or automaticly after hibernation)?so that i don't have to go through the menu's every time to reactivate my GPS ?

THANX in advance

Bond007BE

The latest BETA does this
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

is this working for the SIRF mode also ? then i will give it a try the beta
      the sun always shine

Comment

no, only neam for the time being, till ninji codes it in.
        CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

so in current version of D3 frontend i can receive SIRF and the BETA doesn't CORRECT ?
          the sun always shine

Comment

i think it is working in the beta. its just some of the advanced option that wont work
            AMD XP 2000+ 512Mb Ram MB:A-7VM400AM-RZ
            Zenarc 700TSV Netgear USB WiFi GPS Opus 150
            Running Win XP, FP, MM

Comment

I was getting this message every time I powered back up from hibernation. I think it's just because the GPS has been off and hasn't got a lock, D3 resumes expecting to get a signal straight away and then gives the "GPS not found" voice message.

My BU303 gets it's lock back in about 15 secs after resuming from Hibernate. I don't think you need to reset the GPS settings in D3, just wait for the lock.

Also, you can disable that annoying voice message.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
              : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
              : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Originally posted by BOND007BE
                so in current version of D3 frontend i can receive SIRF and the BETA doesn't CORRECT ?
                No, you can still use SiRF in the latest version - but you'll have to carry on connecting the same way you did in 1.1.2 rather than using Advanced Mode, which means no Speed display or camera detection.

The reconnect on resume from hibernation will still work for either modes though.
                Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X