D3 Speed Limit warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Speed Limit warning

Does anybody else have trouble with the 'Warning; You are over the speed limit'

I don't mind the car warning me of this, I find it handy actually, but the bloody thing keeps warning me when I am doing 50 mph on a 60MPH road!

Any suggestions?

As far as i know the speed limits are embedded in the maps, so they must be wrong in there.

Run into the same problem with the BE maps also.

Comment

I'm having the same problem here in Oz as well. Tells me I'm speeding when I'm going over 100km/h in some 110km/h zones.

Anyone know how these maps can be edited. I have tried Mapinfo 7.8 but it doesn't like the format of the .TAB files :-(
      '94 Mazda T3500 Bus, Lilliput 7", Mouse GPS, 1GHz TC1100 Tablet PC, Inverter, HUGE Spare battery, Smart Charger, Road Runner, FreeDrive.

Comment

it would be better if it gave the warning once everytime you break the limit. Instead of giving the warning every 5 seconds or whatever the short interval is..
        Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

Speed Limit...

We really need to find a way to make it warn of the "over the speed limit" after a threshold has been reached.. that is: if you're let's say 10 (or "X") miles ABOVE the speed limit, that way we could customize it to prevent these kind of problems... in fact I would rather have it that way as in to warn me only if I'm speeding "too much"...

I'm amazed how nobody has requested this yet...

PS: The idea of warning ONCE everytime you go from under to above the speed limit is also a very good one...
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

The idea of being warned that you're going over the speed limit just sounds too gimmicky and would irritate the hell out of me after a while.

It could be done, but I don't have a database with the speed limits of every road in the world I'm afraid.
            Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

OK then, is there a way that a Bleep could be sounded once the car reaches a set speed? i.e. 75mph, cos it is when I am on the Mway that my speed tends to creep...

Comment

i have this feature on my OriginB2, and it makes no differance whaty so ever.

Just delete the .WAV??? Or record a new one with nothing in it

Comment

you misunderstand. It is a disable-able feature, but I wanted it.

Comment

yeah i know - i was justsaying - it really annoys me!! wouldn't bother

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
                      The idea of being warned that you're going over the speed limit just sounds too gimmicky and would irritate the hell out of me after a while.

It could be done, but I don't have a database with the speed limits of every road in the world I'm afraid.
                      This is a damn pity!

This would be a great feature...would even be better than the speed camera POI...because you would be reminded that you are speeding far more often!

I'm about 50 miles from the nearest Gatso

vintageb3
                      M10000 mainboard,256 RAM, 80 Gig 3.5" drive, PWS-120-M, ITPS, Lilliput 7" touchscreen, XP Pro SP2, Frodoplayer, Map Monkey, InfoMap Navigator 4, WIFI

Current: Bluetooth. Trying to get Phonecontrol to work with SE T610.

Comment

Originally posted by vintageb3
                        I'm about 50 miles from the nearest Gatso

vintageb3
                        LUCKY YOU !
                        Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                        Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                        Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Originally posted by wizz
                          LUCKY YOU !
                          I knew you would answer this one Wizz!...
                          M10000 mainboard,256 RAM, 80 Gig 3.5" drive, PWS-120-M, ITPS, Lilliput 7" touchscreen, XP Pro SP2, Frodoplayer, Map Monkey, InfoMap Navigator 4, WIFI

Current: Bluetooth. Trying to get Phonecontrol to work with SE T610.

Comment

Working...
                          X