Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alter the D3 positioning icon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alter the D3 positioning icon

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if you can alter the positioning icon on the maps for Destinator 3.

    I'd quite like to put a tiny picture of my car instead of the blue circle and arrow. Just for fun !

    Cheers,

    Matt

  • #2
    Originally posted by Matthew230
    Hi,

    Does anyone know if you can alter the positioning icon on the maps for Destinator 3.

    I'd quite like to put a tiny picture of my car instead of the blue circle and arrow. Just for fun !

    Cheers,

    Matt
    See my post http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=34

    Mauri

    Comment


    • #3
      what did you use to edit the dll file?
      View My Blog


      Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by djmickyg
        what did you use to edit the dll file?
        Download this sw, link:

        http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

        Open the .dll and replace whit the new icons type my posted or new you edit

        Mauri

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matthew230
          Hi,

          Does anyone know if you can alter the positioning icon on the maps for Destinator 3.

          I'd quite like to put a tiny picture of my car instead of the blue circle and arrow. Just for fun !

          Cheers,

          Matt
          Matthew230
          Did you manage to make your car icon?

          Mauri
          Have you managed to customise any more icons yet ?

          Wizz
          Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
          Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
          Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

          Comment


          • #6
            Mauri
            Have you managed to customise any more icons yet ?

            Wizz[/QUOTE]
            I still have to look better.

            These however I have customize :

            The red arrow for the navigation in place of the small circle (replace the number 229 in the bitmap of DestDLL.dll) its perfectly for me.

            The icons of the signal weak GPS with the second icon (replace the number 230 etc... ) its ok.

            The blue arrow replace with bitmap 236 etc.... (however I don't like this, I have to do other one of it more correct ! ) test you this custom file and reply in the forum.

            Mauri
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matthew230
              Hi,

              Does anyone know if you can alter the positioning icon on the maps for Destinator 3.

              I'd quite like to put a tiny picture of my car instead of the blue circle and arrow. Just for fun !

              Cheers,

              Matt
              How about this for a fun car icon ?

              Wizz
              Attached Files
              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

              Comment


              • #8
                Viper icon

                I have drawn this Viper-icon.

                How does it seem yourself ?

                Mauri
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mauri
                  I have drawn this Viper-icon.

                  How does it seem yourself ?

                  Mauri
                  Pretty Good. How about if the corners were rounded off like this. (viper1.zip)
                  Check it out in D3, doesn't look so square ?
                  Wizz
                  Attached Files
                  Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                  Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                  Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How about a 3-D icon for a 3-D Map?
                    -z0rz
                    Car PC Status: [XX|xxxxxxxx] 20% Done
                    Waiting on Lilliput to come in
                    My Worklog Site My Worklog Post

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by z0rz
                      How about a 3-D icon for a 3-D Map?
                      Go then....do ONE !!
                      PS Happy New Year Everyone......

                      Wizz
                      Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                      Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                      Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wizz
                        Pretty Good. How about if the corners were rounded off like this. (viper1.zip)
                        Check it out in D3, doesn't look so square ?
                        Wizz
                        Ok ,
                        with the rounded off angles, I have made a fast sketch.... then have left to you the small changes (what had seen)!

                        Hi to everybody and Happy New Year!

                        Mauri

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have increase the size and removed the white halo that was seen on D3 map.
                          This and the max that can be done.

                          EDIT: if you increase the dimensions of the icon.bmp with D3 becomes a white edge visible on the contours.
                          This and the limit max with the viper icon without excessive white edge.

                          For me its ok.

                          Any idea to customize the 236 icon (planner mode)?

                          The problem its center the point of icon in the map in this mode.

                          Mauri
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mauri can you post a screenshot of what that looks like when it's on the map?
                            Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mauri
                              I have increase the size and removed the white halo that was seen on D3 map.
                              This and the max that can be done.

                              EDIT: if you increase the dimensions of the icon.bmp with D3 becomes a white edge visible on the contours.
                              This and the limit max with the viper icon without excessive white edge.

                              For me its ok.

                              Any idea to customize the 236 icon (planner mode)?
                              The problem its center the point of icon in the map in this mode.

                              Mauri
                              How about the "TomTom" FEET off the button (cdrskull skin), that will carry the button theme over on to the map.( ie. CAR/FEET)
                              What do you think ?
                              Wizz
                              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X