BU-303 and Destinator 3 Frontend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-303 and Destinator 3 Frontend

I'm having trouble setting up Destinator 3 Frontend v1.1.3 BETA with my BU-303.

I have installed all the drivers and can lock onto satellites using the GPS Info software that came with the receiver. But when I go into Destinator 3........ and go into Settings > GPS Status > Acquire settings (i think) I can't find the receiver. I can change the com ports from Port 1 or Port 4, but my receiver is in Port 3 !!

I had previously installed it all and had the receiver on com port 7, and destinator shown com ports 3 and 4, so I rebuilt my machine, thinking that if I install the receiver on com port 3/4 it would be ok, but now it's just driving me batty!!

Cheers

Originally posted by lummy

I have installed all the drivers and can lock onto satellites using the GPS Info software that came with the receiver. But when I go into Destinator 3........ and go into Settings > GPS Status > Acquire settings (i think) I can't find the receiver. I can change the com ports from Port 1 or Port 4, but my receiver is in Port 3 !!

I had previously installed it all and had the receiver on com port 7, and destinator shown com ports 3 and 4, so I rebuilt my machine, thinking that if I install the receiver on com port 3/4 it would be ok, but now it's just driving me batty!!

Cheers
    Seeing as you're using 1.1.3, Why don't you use advanced mode and skip having to use the buggy D3 code?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

When i use my BU-303 in Advanced mode i get an error:

Run-time error '400':
      Form already displayed; can't show modally

The settings i use in advanced mode is:

[Advanced GPS]
      //NMEA Receivers only
      UseAdvanced=Yes
      COMPort=6
      COMBaud=AutoDetect
      Protocol=NMEA

//Speed Camera Detection
      SC_Enabled=Yes
      SC_Warning1=1000
      SC_Warning2=100
      SC_AlertIfNotSpeeding=Yes
      SC_ShowOnMap=No
      SC_SpeedFormatInDB=KPH
      SC_DB=Denmark
      Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Originally posted by henriktha
        When i use my BU-303 in Advanced mode i get an error:

Run-time error '400':
        Form already displayed; can't show modally

The settings i use in advanced mode is:

[Advanced GPS]
        //NMEA Receivers only
        UseAdvanced=Yes
        COMPort=6
        COMBaud=AutoDetect
        Protocol=NMEA

//Speed Camera Detection
        SC_Enabled=Yes
        SC_Warning1=1000
        SC_Warning2=100
        SC_AlertIfNotSpeeding=Yes
        SC_ShowOnMap=No
        SC_SpeedFormatInDB=KPH
        SC_DB=Denmark
        Seems to be randomly happening to people! I have a BU-303 myself and it works fine.

I'm releasing BETA 2 very soon which fixes almost everything from the bugs thread (and hopefully this one after tweaking some of the code)

Comment

Sounds good to me
          Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Will beta 2 have the nag? Can it (or is this already possible) have an option to disable nag screen for those of us using it in embedded frontends...
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
              Will beta 2 have the nag? Can it (or is this already possible) have an option to disable nag screen for those of us using it in embedded frontends...
              Yes it will, because it's not intended for use other than for testing at the moment!

As soon as all reported bugs are fixed there will be an official release without the nag.

Comment

Yeah, I know but it is hard for me to test in car with the nag, because I use the NMC frontend, and it has problesm embedding it due to the frontend... So I havent been able to really test it in car... I'm aware it is beta, and that it isnt 100% stable, but I dont need to be reminded everyyyyy time...
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                  Yeah, I know but it is hard for me to test in car with the nag, because I use the NMC frontend, and it has problesm embedding it due to the frontend... So I havent been able to really test it in car... I'm aware it is beta, and that it isnt 100% stable, but I dont need to be reminded everyyyyy time...
                  Well I think you do!

I just don't want people using a buggy version, or I'll get no-end of problem posts in this forum. This way it forces them to upgrade to the more stable official release.

Comment

Originally posted by lummy

Cheers
                    try baud 4800
                    its working fine with this gps receiver

Comment

I had 1.1.2 installed and had no problems.

I did a clean install and used 1.1.3 and had the problems as described where it would only list Com1 and Com2.

I then installed 1.1.2, loaded 1.1.3 and it listed Com3!
                      (without actually launching 1.1.2....)
                      Have: Via Epia M10000 1GHz|512Mb|20Gb|Slim slot-loading DVD-R|Carnetix P1280|RevCam|GPS|Illum’d keyboard|11g Wifi
                      Waiting for: Xenarc TFT in-dash (haha!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
                        Seems to be randomly happening to people! I have a BU-303 myself and it works fine.

I'm releasing BETA 2 very soon which fixes almost everything from the bugs thread (and hopefully this one after tweaking some of the code)
                        I have version 1.1.314 and a BU-303, and it's abosultly great!! Only problem is I can't use the advanced GPS mode, it works sometimes for a couple minutes sometimes only for a couple of seconds and then just crashes. Which is shame, I like having the speed up and knowing about naughty speed camera's!! Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
                          I have version 1.1.314 and a BU-303, and it's abosultly great!! Only problem is I can't use the advanced GPS mode, it works sometimes for a couple minutes sometimes only for a couple of seconds and then just crashes. Which is shame, I like having the speed up and knowing about naughty speed camera's!! Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
                          I have virtually the same hardware as you, as you can see from my Sig

I'm using version 1.1.314 and a BU-303 with no problems. You're not trying to use SiRF, or trying to set your port from the satellite page of D3, are you ?

Wizz
                          Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                          Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                          Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

I know I'm not using SiRF, I'll check out the second point you mention, might of messed about with that at somepoint!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizz
                              I have virtually the same hardware as you, as you can see from my Sig

I'm using version 1.1.314 and a BU-303 with no problems. You're not trying to use SiRF, or trying to set your port from the satellite page of D3, are you ?

Wizz
                              right ok I'm back from having a look, now I'm defo' NMEA, good, how do I take the settings out og the satellite page in D3, I went MENU - GPS Status - GPS Settings, and it is set up there, should it not be if I want to use Advanced mode?

Comment

Working...
                              X