Voice Doesn't Always Announce Distance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Doesn't Always Announce Distance

When using the new D3 frontend (mad props NM) it seems like the voice doesn't always announce distance to the next turn. For example, if a right turn is coming up the voice will say "Right turn ahead, ___ yards." In some situations it will actually say the distance (ie 500, 200). Other times, it doesn't say anything, so it sounds like "Right turn ahead, yards." Any ideas?

Common issue with Destinator.

Unfortunately nothing that can be done from our point of view.
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

This problem was in the old v.2 SDK of Destinator.

With the D3 1.1.2 by Ninja and perfectly resolved the problem messages.
      Now happens (and not to all) with the Beta version, but Ninja has specified that and a Beta version, and therefore in phase of development......

We give time to Ninja to work serenely .....

Mauri

Comment

Cool I had noticed this in Version 1.1.3 Beta1 but had noticed it wasn't there in 1.1.2 Is it necessarily D2 or 3 thats the issue or is it attributed to the source sound files? Nice work on this BTW Ninja!!!

Originally posted by mauri
        This problem was in the old v.2 SDK of Destinator.

With the D3 1.1.2 by Ninja and perfectly resolved the problem messages.
        Now happens (and not to all) with the Beta version, but Ninja has specified that and a Beta version, and therefore in phase of development......

We give time to Ninja to work serenely .....

Mauri
        Lilliput 8", C134 EPIA-M 900 (Black), A1-ITX, 256 Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, DVD, 802.11g, mini keyboard

Comment

I've not changed anything that affects how the SDK works

Perhaps it's just random?
          Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
            I've not changed anything that affects how the SDK works

Perhaps it's just random?
            The boys are right Ninja.

In the v.1.1.2 the messages are perfect, in the beta 1.1.3 instead also I have seen that the vocal messages are broken.

The second beta version I dont have used in my car.

Mauri

Comment

Originally posted by mauri
              The boys are right Ninja.

In the v.1.1.2 the messages are perfect, in the beta 1.1.3 instead also I have seen that the vocal messages are broken.

The second beta version I dont have used in my car.

Mauri
              Sorry, but i'm still using in the car V1.1.2 and I get the missing distance problem from time to time
              Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
              Status -->
              Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
              BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
                Sorry, but i'm still using in the car V1.1.2 and I get the missing distance problem from time to time
                I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Loengard
                  I second that.
                  make that 3 ..

Comment

I don't think there's anything I can do. Destinator since version 2 (maybe even 1!) has had this problem...Powerloc must keep using the same crappy code for voice...
                    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Has anybody tried it using SIRF mode on their GPS? I have a suspicion it is to do with the update rates from the GPS, and their accuracy.

Comment

Its no the problem of Sirf o Nmea GPS, but of D3 beta.

Mi Nmea GPS whit D3 1.1.2 of Ninja its ok , messagge vocals perfectly, in new Beta version 1 and 2 tested the messagge non work correctly, its cut .

Mauri

Comment

I've also had this problem of the distance not being announced. Tried going back to the original D3 voice pack, and it all works. I have since looked into CDRSkull voice pack and the Destinator VoiceManeuvers.inf file and found the following problem:

::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1,"Keep left ahead"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1;500;UNITS,"Keep left five hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1;200;UNITS,"Keep left two hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KeepLeft,"Keep left"

::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2,"Keep right ahead"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2;500;UNITS,"Keep right five hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2;200;UNITS,"Keep right two hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KEEPRI~1,"Keep right"

I think it should read as follows:

::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1,"Keep left ahead"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1;00000500;UNITS,"Keep left five hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~1;00000200;UNITS,"Keep left two hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KeepLeft,"Keep left"

::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2,"Keep right ahead"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2;00000500;UNITS,"Keep right five hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,AHEXIT~2;00000200;UNITS,"Keep right two hundred yards/meters"
                          ::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KEEPRI~1,"Keep right"

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Prem
                          Re-boxed Dell Optiplex GX110 PIII 733 256Mb RAM
                          Modified Sproggy PSU
                          Custom made automatic start-up/ shut-down controller
                          Dual 2.5" HDDs
                          Laptop DVD Reader
                          D-Link FM Radio
                          5" PSOne LCD
                          Installed and working. 75% complete.

Comment

Has this worked for anybody?

Comment

Seems to work for me....
                              Re-boxed Dell Optiplex GX110 PIII 733 256Mb RAM
                              Modified Sproggy PSU
                              Custom made automatic start-up/ shut-down controller
                              Dual 2.5" HDDs
                              Laptop DVD Reader
                              D-Link FM Radio
                              5" PSOne LCD
                              Installed and working. 75% complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X