Street data Not Found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street data Not Found

I have downloaded the latest 2004 UK maps, but on quite a few cities when clicking on "street" I get the message "street data not found"
    Ie, city hainault, then try street

Is this a general thing or do I need to rebuild the data links some how as if I select hainault then display the map all the streets are listed fine.

I did have a good search but found noone else with the problem.

Oh yes, if you buy the official maps are they also the latest 2004 version?? as once I've tried it I'd like to buy but wanted to be sure they where.

Thanks in advance.

.............Rikk

Originally posted by Rikk
    I have downloaded the latest 2004 UK maps, but on quite a few cities when clicking on "street" I get the message "street data not found"
    Ie, city hainault, then try street

Is this a general thing or do I need to rebuild the data links some how as if I select hainault then display the map all the streets are listed fine.

I did have a good search but found noone else with the problem.

Oh yes, if you buy the official maps are they also the latest 2004 version?? as once I've tried it I'd like to buy but wanted to be sure they where.

Thanks in advance.

.............Rikk
    I noticed the same thing on my home town - Hyde
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I found out something even worst in the iberia map. In the area where I drive most of the time, half of the roads are missing, so i went back to the older version
      Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
      Status -->
      Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
      BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Has anyone got a purchased version with the 2004 and maps and can confirm if all the streets in hainault are available in that please.
        I really don't want to go and buy this to find half the roads missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
          I found out something even worst in the iberia map. In the area where I drive most of the time, half of the roads are missing, so i went back to the older version
          I remember you said that with the Mio maps, is it still the same with the new map as well?
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

@laidback

not exactly the same. The afected area is the same but the roads missing are not the all the same. AFAIK this could very well be a very isolated problem. I noticed this on a area of a few square kilometers near where i work. I didn't take the time to check is this appends on other areas of the map.

even if a minor issue, it's kind of important to me, since I use d3 most of the time to guide me to my custumers address from my office, and without those roads the routing destinator does is kind of "around" the problem heheheh
            Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
            Status -->
            BraveCar 2.5

Comment

I am having the same problem with the UK map. When I pick a locality "Glenfield", in the 2004 map I get "no street data". the same locality in the Mio map is described as "Glenfields" and contains all the street/numbering data. Strange !
              I am going to hold both versions on my HDD, and then if I have a problem with the 2004, I can swap to the Mio.

Wizz
              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

I found that with the MioMaps, the town I live in (Beverley) did not exist as far as the maps were concerned. When searching by postcode (HU17 9), it showed up as 'East Riding Of Yorkshire' which of course is my County, not Town.

And then to cap it all off, where I work (Kingston Upon Hull, known as Hull) is listed as 'City of Kingston Upon Hull'

If a trusted the MioMaps to navigate my (not technology friendly) family around they'd never find their way home!!

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if the Official Maps are the same, and I won't pay out to find out they are wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by johnwharrison
                  I found that with the MioMaps, the town I live in (Beverley) did not exist as far as the maps were concerned. When searching by postcode (HU17 9), it showed up as 'East Riding Of Yorkshire' which of course is my County, not Town.

And then to cap it all off, where I work (Kingston Upon Hull, known as Hull) is listed as 'City of Kingston Upon Hull'

If a trusted the MioMaps to navigate my (not technology friendly) family around they'd never find their way home!!

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if the Official Maps are the same, and I won't pay out to find out they are wrong...
                  Yes, it would be nice to know. As I said in my last post, for now I am keeping both maps available.....not an ideal solution but at least it is very quick to swap maps if you get stuck with data on one of them.
                  The other consideration might be the destinator DLL has been altered in the latest version, but not being a Programmer I wouldn't know. Perhaps NM might be able to check that somehow.
                  It does seem a shame that we can't take advantage of the latest maps because of these problems.

Wizz
                  Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                  Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                  Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

It's nothing to do with Destinator. It seems NAVTEQ are just useless at giving completely accurate mapping data.
                    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Poo, looks like it's another app for navigation then

I do like the look of copilot but will waiti for the latest version to hit before buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk
                        Poo, looks like it's another app for navigation then

I do like the look of copilot but will waiti for the latest version to hit before buying it.
                        Note that a lot of other apps use the navteq maps...
                        Status -->
                        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

I spoke to the people who make copilot and they said v8 will be out ont he pc within two months, so I'll pick that up when it's released. Also there maps are updated at point of release so will be nice and new hopefully

Comment

Working...
                          X