Full Post Code search...Possible??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Post Code search...Possible??

Can you search for a full postcode? If you don't happen to know the street and door number, you can end up just about anywhere!
    MII10000; 512MB RAM; 7" Lilliput Touchscreen; 400watt Muttant AMP; Wireless pc start (keyfob); WiFi; GPS with D3 NM Front End; MediaCar; 40gig 3.5" HD; In-Dash mounted tft;

Not full postcode (in the uk anyway. Dunno about anywhere else). Just the first part and then the first number of the second part. It then lists all the streets in that area.

My house isn't listed, but next door is!
    http://www.ladygarden.co.uk
    We've got it covered

Comment

Strange!, I am use to using Navigator which although is very un-touchscreen friendly, has some nice features, such as full Post Code search....wonder if ninja can do anything with it?
      MII10000; 512MB RAM; 7" Lilliput Touchscreen; 400watt Muttant AMP; Wireless pc start (keyfob); WiFi; GPS with D3 NM Front End; MediaCar; 40gig 3.5" HD; In-Dash mounted tft;

Comment

In the UK you'd have to pay the royal mail a huge amount in royalties to use the full postcode database, which is why you can only search on the first half. Not sure how it is in other countries.

So no I can't do anything with it.
        Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Hmmm....wonder how Navigator get away with it considering the software is only 40 for full UK version....

Comment

No idea, but even if I did have access to a free database I wouldn't be able to do much with it because I can't decompile the maps.

If anyone else wants to try feel free (no extra coding needs doing to the frontend, the address database is stored in the map files)
            Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

There is a small utily that I used ( in the same way as Checkpoint) ie. running on top of the main nav program, which in this case was TomTom. It was called "ukpostcode" would you believe !, and was written by a Guy called Niels Thomsen of digitools.co.uk.

You could open it with a dedicated PDA button while the nav program was running, enter a postcode on an OSK, and sellect "show on map" OR "navigate to".

It worked seamlessly with TomTom, and presumably a similar program could work in the same way with Powerloc.

Don't know if that helps anyone ?
              Wizz
              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Working...
              X