Changing Turning Length?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Turning Length?

Does anybody know how to do this, i mean like when i approach a turn it says "turn left 500yards" Now 500yards is a long distance i want it like to alert me 200 yards before. How can i do this? Btw i am using CDrSkull's voice pack.

when i'm using the default voices, it gives me a warning at 500yards then 200yards then again at the turn.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

Pretty sure you can just rename your 500.wav and it'll ignore it (The audio at least, you'll most likely still get visual notification)

or if that doesn't work, open your DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf inside the voice folder and comment out (//) any lines that mention the "SECOND_DISTANCE" command
      Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
        Pretty sure you can just rename your 500.wav and it'll ignore it (The audio at least, you'll most likely still get visual notification)

or if that doesn't work, open your DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf inside the voice folder and comment out (//) any lines that mention the "SECOND_DISTANCE" command
        Thanks for that. Commenting Out works a treat. There is still a visual alert on my setup at 500yds but no voice until 200yds which is absolutely ideal for me.
        Thanks again,
        Wizz
        Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
        Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
        Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

You can also edit "DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf" (in the voice you choose to use)

You can modify all distances and messages.

Be careful, make a backup !

Comment

can all refrences to 500yards be removed from DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf?

I want to get rid of both the message and the display.

Comment

Originally posted by mick-uk
              can all refrences to 500yards be removed from DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf?

I want to get rid of both the message and the display.
              or even better, would it be possible to change the warning for 500 yards to 300, and 200 yards to 150yards?
              I want to have ago at editing the file but i dont want to mess things up

Code:
              ::MC,KEEP_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,k_l;500;UNITS,"Keep left five hundred yards/meters"
              does the "500;UNITS" define when the call the file up?

Comment

No, that defines the name of the WAV file to play (500.wav)

the "SECOND_DISTANCE" variable will be defined as 500 somewhere else

Edit: And from the looks of it, not in that file
                Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Another way, try to sneak up on the turns. If you come towards the intersection, then, about 600 yards away, make a 45 degree turn and start crabbing across the street, the computer might think you're going somewhere else and start recalculating the route. Then, the moment it isn't looking, you wrench the steering wheel back and hit the throttle.

As you bounce over the sidewalks and dodge oncoming traffic, your computer will realize its mistake and try to tell you that your turn is 500 yards ahead, but by this time you'll be close enough to the turn that it'll give you the closer warning.

One problem with this method, there seems to be an odd statistical correlation between traffic collisions and doing this. I think that's probably a fluke, but that and severe undercarriage damage seem to show up a lot, so, your mileage may vary.

Good luck!
                  Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                  http://hallert.net/

Comment

Working...
                  X