Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destinator v3 Frontend: Keyboard Language (English -> Swedish)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator v3 Frontend: Keyboard Language (English -> Swedish)

Hi All!

I have a question about the OSK Language layout.
    (!! I have serched mp3car.com for this but found nothing!!)

I have a "carPC" running Windows XP SP2 English, but with Swedish keyboard layout.
    So my question is..
    Why is the OSK english? Can this be changed or do I have to install Windows XP Swedish? (hope not)..

..sauf

Hi friend.
    I think that you have to make an OSK of your language yourself.
    In other words, you have to create your own "skin".
    The OSK is an image (like other menus). If you use the "classic" skin, you can find all these images in C:\DestinatorApps\Frontend\Skins\Classic.
    You have to modify these images with a program (the simplest is "paint"). Erase carefully the letters on each key, and add your own. Thats what i did.
    But be carefull not to change the image's dimension. If you do this, you have to modify the .ini in the skin, too.

Good luck...

Comment

Why is the OSK english?? What kind of a question is that?

Just incase you don't know the answer: Because I'm English
      Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
        Why is the OSK english?? What kind of a question is that?

Just incase you don't know the answer: Because I'm English
        Relax

Sauf, I was going to modify cdrskull's skin (the default one) so that you'd get swedish letters... it'll be a few days though.

/M

Comment

hey sauf!
          i had the same problem( but i wouldnt descibe it like you )
          i speak german, and need some extra letters und the position from the "Z" and "Y" letters are different.
          so iīve made my own skin with german osk. maybe itīs suitable for you language
          you can test it. download under: http://ibutep.ib.funpic.de//D3SDk%20skin.html

@ninjamonkey
          by the way, we have a big comunity in germany using your desti 3 SDK. But on every release we have to put extra wav files and change the language into the german. Would it be possible to embend the german language in your SDK ?

thx
          night, wolfes, moon, shoes!
          ibutep.de.vu

Free Pokerschool + 150$ Startmoney for free. Klick here:
          pokerstrategy.org.uk

Comment

Rather than embedding it, (if its going to happen at all) there should be separate 'language packs' for download - otherwise, the install will be huge as everyone would want their language included...
            Have: Via Epia M10000 1GHz|512Mb|20Gb|Slim slot-loading DVD-R|Carnetix P1280|RevCam|GPS|Illum’d keyboard|11g Wifi
            Waiting for: Xenarc TFT in-dash (haha!)

Comment

Hi!
              Thanks all for your help!

Maximus:
              If you could do a skin with swedishe keyboard that would be super!

..and sorry NinjaMonkey, I will think over my questioning befor i post it so i don't step on anybodys toes..

Comment

Iīve modified CdRsKULLs OSK to fit the Swedish keyboard layout, hope he donīt mind, just put these files in this folder : C:\DestinatorApps\Frontend_BETA3\Skins\CdRsKuLL With BG
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks weekendowel! (Tack! Bra bil weekendowel)

Comment

Originally posted by weekendowel
                    Iīve modified CdRsKULLs OSK to fit the Swedish keyboard layout, hope he donīt mind, just put these files in this folder : C:\DestinatorApps\Frontend_BETA3\Skins\CdRsKuLL With BG
                    Thanx man!! (Tack killen! fyfasen va schysst!)

Comment

Made a slightly different one (few days turned into a whole month )

Files go into the "DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\Skins\CdRsKuLL With BG" directory.

/M
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X