Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature idea, your thoughts...

I know feature requests are disabled but I'll make an exception if it's me

I was driving along yesterday being routed to a destination when something began to bug me with the frontend

I was in slow traffic approaching a maneuver and the silly lady kept telling me to turn left every 5 seconds and muting my music! I really only needed my music muting for the first annoucement of this maneuver.

So I thought: How about an option to only allow the music to be muted if the same maneuver hasn't been anounced in the last 15-20 seconds?

Yes/No?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

why not

Comment

All options are welcome
      The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

But would anyone use it? I don't want to create more bugs (So i'll just code it into my own private build)

Comment

I would

Great plan NM...would be very useful!!!!

Just a quicke....Centrafuse....are you working with David to integrate Destinator into Centrafuse or is he doing this on his own.

By integrate...i mean make the frontend PART of Centrafuse rather than just embedded?

Cheeers
          Chilli_P

Epia 800 > 3.5" 30GB HD > Teac Slim CD > BU-303 GPS > Safecom Bluetooth > WiFi > Xenarc 700TSV > Opus 150

Current Status:Installed - tweaking

Want Widcomm 4?

Comment

I went round the M25 yesterday and had a similar thing happening. The silly woman kept on about speed cameras.... I think there might be 1 or 2 around by Heathrow

And of course in slow traffic (is there any other kind on the M25!!) she kept telling me about the next speed camera.

Not muting the music after the first announcement would be an improvement.

But somehow getting her to shut the F**K up after one announcement would be better.

Prem
            Re-boxed Dell Optiplex GX110 PIII 733 256Mb RAM
            Modified Sproggy PSU
            Custom made automatic start-up/ shut-down controller
            Dual 2.5" HDDs
            Laptop DVD Reader
            D-Link FM Radio
            5" PSOne LCD
            Installed and working. 75% complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
              I know feature requests are disabled but I'll make an exception if it's me

I was driving along yesterday being routed to a destination when something began to bug me with the frontend

I was in slow traffic approaching a maneuver and the silly lady kept telling me to turn left every 5 seconds and muting my music! I really only needed my music muting for the first annoucement of this maneuver.

So I thought: How about an option to only allow the music to be muted if the same maneuver hasn't been anounced in the last 15-20 seconds?

Yes/No?
              If that can be done it would go a long way to solving the voice repeat nag.
              How about auto day/night screens ? You were thinking of that too wasn't you ? YES/NO/GO AWAY CHEEKY

Wizz
              Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
              Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
              Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

definitivly useful!

Comment

that would be awesome, I would use it.
                  肚子笑痛了
                  S60 Install

Comment

i would use it!
                    -Xenarc 700TS
                    -P4 2.0 GHz, DIN size, 512 RAM, 80 Gb hdd, DVD/CD
                    -Usb GPS, FM modulator
                    -OBD2 interface
                    -Frodoplayer & Destinator frontend

Comment

In stead of time.. can you base it on distance to the turn?
                      2000m, 1000m, 500m, 200m, 100m, 50m, mark. --useful in busy/dense roadways.

And type of turn, if avg speed == motorway (exit vs sharp turn) then no need for such detail.
                      •Micke

Comment

Originally posted by grepzen
                        In stead of time.. can you base it on distance to the turn?
                        2000m, 1000m, 500m, 200m, 100m, 50m, mark. --useful in busy/dense roadways.

And type of turn, if avg speed == motorway (exit vs sharp turn) then no need for such detail.
                        Well no because that brings back the whole point I wanted it...

say I'm 500m away...creeping away very slowly in traffic. It'll keep telling me to turn!

Comment

no, it tells you once at 500m and not again. If you sat at the 500m mark, it would only offer the directions once, period. unless you backed and subsequently advanced over that 500m mark.. and then once at 200, it doesn't prattle on.. ---well not the version in my head anyway. that 'countdown' is useful when trying to pick 'your turn' out of a unfamiliar area w/ lots of posibilities. IMHO.. you were right the first time..it's your mod. your feature request. I'm just chuckin' my 2c at it.
                          •Micke

Comment

Well either way, I can't change when it alerts you. I only have the SDK, not the destinator source code

Comment

Could you so something like "rename" out the voices after the SDK plays it, then after the maneuver is performed, restore their names as to allow them to play againl ? I don't really have any issue with the voice playing over and over..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X