Street names in Map Monkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street names in Map Monkey

K so i just got destinator 3 and am trying it out the whole day, I've been trying for hours and can't seem to get the road names to show on 3D mode or Bird's eye view mode, only in 2D mode is there an solution?
    that and also was wondering if I can SCROLL the map, like just move left and right to check out other streets, I seem to be only be able to view the streets which i set as Origin or Destination.

O and I'm using mapmonkey's front end of course.

Any Help?

No names in BE or 3d modes
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

=( so really no point in using them is there?

i remember seeing a 3D one with names, wonder what software that is... ideas?

what about the scroll function? can you scroll across maps or are we confined?

Comment

Originally posted by phatchink
        =( so really no point in using them is there?

i remember seeing a 3D one with names, wonder what software that is... ideas?

what about the scroll function? can you scroll across maps or are we confined?
        Program with 3d names = copilot and iGudiance.

Scroll = hold + drag.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I'm currently trying to get the vertex data from D3 to overlay the roads on my 3D aerial photography version, when i figure it out, i'll show the road names too

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            Program with 3d names = copilot and iGudiance.

Scroll = hold + drag.

That is a negative on 3d names in copilot...At least with CoPilot Live Laptop 8. The street name will show up if you mouse over a specific street.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckster
              That is a negative on 3d names in copilot...At least with CoPilot Live Laptop 8. The street name will show up if you mouse over a specific street.

Chuck
              Good to know.
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

is it very difficult to put names in 3d maps like a simple function call to fetch the name or is it more complicated then that?

MapMonkey we need you!

I'll give iGuidence a try, any feedback bout iGuidence compared to Mapmonkey? I know MS Street and Trips aint good cause the font is too small apparently

Comment

I'll give iGuidence a try, any feedback bout iGuidence compared to Mapmonkey? I know MS Street and Trips aint good cause the font is too small apparently
                  I like iGuidance. There should be a new version coming out in q1/2005... in other words... soon.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    I like iGuidance. There should be a new version coming out in q1/2005... in other words... soon.
                    I'll have to check it out...

Poop on no street names in 3d view.

I guidance and routis (same program basically) are the only ones that i know that do this.

Destinator and Copilot both don't... shoot Copilot 8 is the first version with a 3d view... You think by they get the hint
                    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I just dont get the point of a map with no stree names!

thats just rediculous! IMO of course

Comment

I just dont get the point of a map with no stree names!

thats just rediculous! IMO of course
                        I don't understand this obsession to HAVE street names on 3D view!

Sure, it'd be nice to have, but I certainly wouldn't abandon the software because of it!

When I'm driving I can't be looking at the map for more than a few seconds, it just isn't safe - a quick glance to see where the blue route is taking me is all I need. I think the 3D view is the best for this.

If I do need to see street information, the Infobar tells me which street I'm on, and the bar directly underneath tells me which street the next maneuver will take me onto.

Not such a big deal
                        Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey

Sure, it'd be nice to have, but I certainly wouldn't abandon the software because of it!

When I'm driving I can't be looking at the map for more than a few seconds, it just isn't safe - a quick glance to see where the blue route is taking me is all I need. I think the 3D view is the best for this.

If I do need to see street information, the Infobar tells me which street I'm on, and the bar directly underneath tells me which street the next maneuver will take me onto.

Not such a big deal
                          Habbit i suppose.

I think the view that most looks like the road ahead is the 3d view... so obviously it is handy to have that information. And I don;t see the big deal on why it isn't done.

The blue line is nice but the GPS Lags and it is difficult to gauge where you have turn in streets that are close together.

iGuidance does it nicely. Although i must say that i like the interface and integration for D3 into Centrafuse. To bad the maps are split up and there is no 3d view with street names, Birds eye view is completly pointless. I guess you cant have it all
                          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Would it not be possible to set the birdseye view to show the same perspective and zoom as 3D, maybe that would sort this common complaint out...
                            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey

Not such a big deal
                              I understand what you're saying Map Monkey, but with your analogy there's no point in having any visualizations at all, 3D, 2D, or bird's eye. All you need is that voice that tells you to turn. The blue root doesnt really tell me anything but the distrance between where I am and the destination. With street names I know what streets are coming up (in a red) when I'm looking at it and its a map, whats a map without street names?
                              Dispite all I said I think you're doing a great job, but that is just a nice feature to have thats all, and maybe the ability to scroll the map. I just thought it'd be something like a function call to return the street's names I havnt looked at the SDK so I have no idea yet. I'm actually willing to pay for this feature!

Comment

Working...
                              X