Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holux GPS on COM7, not workink with dest3 frontend...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holux GPS on COM7, not workink with dest3 frontend...

    Hi everybody...

    I'm using a holux GM210 usb GPS receiver... running Win2000 professional and Destinator 3 frontend... My GPS is mapped to COM port #7, so destinator does not find any GPS, as it only allows selection up to COM5, which are already mapped to other devices... I've tried to manually edit the port value on the cfg file... but it was useless.... I've also tried a ChangeCOM utillity I found to swap ports but it's unable to write new values to the registry....I'm starting to lose my nerve...So please... if any of you have experienced this Issue and have found any turnaround to solve it, any suggestions will be most appreciated...

  • #2
    Use Advanced GPS?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Or you can Hex edit Destinator.ini and put in your comport #

      Hey, we should get a Madrid meet going!
      Laidback


      The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

      Comment


      • #4
        @Mattlocked

        I use the same receiver...never had any problems!?
        You use 'advanced gps-settings' in MM??

        A.
        Shuttle FE22 P3-800MHz C3, 512MB RAM
        Morex 3688 black, CarTFT-M1-PowerSupply
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen TFT Monitor
        Holux GM-210 GPS USB Device
        Ovislink WL5480 WLan Device / 8dbi
        24Bit USB Soundcard

        Comment


        • #5
          First of all I finally switched to mapmonkey to see if it could solve some issues I was experiencing.

          After unchecking advanced gps it all worked fine... though in NMEA mode at 4800 bps.. and no speed cam alerts at all.... The point for buying the holux was to switch to SIRF, and it just can't be done

          Besides Destinator ran embedded with mediacar allowing to start from the GPS button... Using the exact same configuration with mapmonkey I haven't been able to make mapmonkey run embedded...

          I suspect the bluetooth device to be the reason for these nuissances... I'll uninstall drivers and bluetooth stack and reinstall the GPS.

          @Laidback... Than would be nice man! BTW what's your GC colour like? I wonder if we shared morning traffic jams at the "Castellana". I see very often a GC with GB plates...

          We're currently planning a carputing "kedada" of all spanish carputing maniacs in Madrid...so I'll keep you informed in case you want to attend such event.

          my project@: http://www.mattlocked-carputer.tk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mattlocked
            After unchecking advanced gps it all worked fine... though in NMEA mode at 4800 bps.. and no speed cam alerts at all.... The point for buying the holux was to switch to SIRF, and it just can't be done

            There's no problem with switching the GM210 to SiRF!?
            Use the 'SiRF-Demo' to switch ur device between NMEA and SiRF!
            In MM use 'advanced gps' and all works great in SiRF-Mode!!!!

            greetz
            tribune
            Shuttle FE22 P3-800MHz C3, 512MB RAM
            Morex 3688 black, CarTFT-M1-PowerSupply
            Lilliput 7" Touchscreen TFT Monitor
            Holux GM-210 GPS USB Device
            Ovislink WL5480 WLan Device / 8dbi
            24Bit USB Soundcard

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanx a bunch Maximus

              That's a fast and resolutive reply

              Regards.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mattlocked
                @Laidback... Than would be nice man! BTW what's your GC colour like? I wonder if we shared morning traffic jams at the "Castellana". I see very often a GC with GB plates...

                We're currently planning a carputing "kedada" of all spanish carputing maniacs in Madrid...so I'll keep you informed in case you want to attend such event.

                my project@: http://www.mattlocked-carputer.tk
                No, not me! I had to get a Spanish registered one.

                Yeah, keep me informed of the kedada, give me a chance to practice my Spanglish!
                Laidback


                The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Laidback
                  No, not me! I had to get a Spanish registered one.

                  Yeah, keep me informed of the kedada, give me a chance to practice my Spanglish!

                  Hi!

                  So finally you've been forced to re-laterallize your brain (left steering wheel...driving on the right lane...) and start thinking in metrics rather than in the Imperial measuring system... That's gotta be tough man!!! Driving in the UK would certainly be a nightmare for me...

                  Regarding the "kedada" Consider it done... as soon as we have date and place I'll pm you... in the meantime you can stay tuned with the spanish carputing scene in www.solocarputer.com

                  Greetz.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mattlocked
                    Hi!

                    So finally you've been forced to re-laterallize your brain (left steering wheel...driving on the right lane...) and start thinking in metrics rather than in the Imperial measuring system... That's gotta be tough man!!! Driving in the UK would certainly be a nightmare for me...

                    Regarding the "kedada" Consider it done... as soon as we have date and place I'll pm you... in the meantime you can stay tuned with the spanish carputing scene in www.solocarputer.com

                    Greetz.
                    Je je, yeah, must remember that bit about which side to drive on!

                    Only just noticed your reply, so just logged on to solocarputer, muy bueno!
                    Laidback


                    The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Laidback
                      Or you can Hex edit Destinator.ini and put in your comport #
                      Thanks, worked a treat!
                      Originally Posted by feral
                      And for some other name's, how about
                      'Free-way'

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X