Winsock API connection limit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winsock API connection limit?

Is there a maximum number of connections to the winsock API in Map Monkey? I seem to be able to get one connection, then afterwards any futher connections are actively refused.

If one is the limit, any plans to increase it?
    EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

Just one connection im afraid. I moved away from using TCP/IP as the main communication for plugins in favor of the more efficient MonkeyTalk DLL.

As new commands are introduced, I will be adding them to the TCP command set, but im not doing any more development on the protocol itself.
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Don't use winsock. I had nothing but trouble with it. Commands were being combined, and events were being sent before they could be executed. The MonkeyTalk interface is much more efficient.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
        Don't use winsock. I had nothing but trouble with it. Commands were being combined, and events were being sent before they could be executed. The MonkeyTalk interface is much more efficient.
        I couldn't get the monkeytalk (or at least the dest version of it) interface to work with Delphi. Can you provide me with some sample code to get me going?

Incidentally I've been coding with the winsock interface for ages now and I've had no virtually problems with it (the one I reported today excepted). I've had no problems with combined commands and I'm hitting it fairly hard.

Happy to switch though if you can fill in the knowledge gap for me.

Thanks,
        Ric.

Comment

Originally posted by ric355
          I couldn't get the monkeytalk (or at least the dest version of it) interface to work with Delphi. Can you provide me with some sample code to get me going?

Incidentally I've been coding with the winsock interface for ages now and I've had no virtually problems with it (the one I reported today excepted). I've had no problems with combined commands and I'm hitting it fairly hard.

Happy to switch though if you can fill in the knowledge gap for me.

Thanks,
          Ric.
          Enjoy

Make sure to install and register the dll file and import it.
          Attached Files
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Enjoy

Make sure to install and register the dll file and import it.
            Thanks for that. Unfortunately I'm having the same trouble with your example as I did with my own. I get an access violation at address zero when I try to access the object. This leads me to believe that the monkeytalk software isn't registered properly, but having checked the compiled example VB application, that works fine. Hence the COM server side of things is ok.

I also remember last time I tried to use it I had the same issue. I coded the same sample in vb and it worked fine.

I'm using Delphi 5. Are you on a different version?

Ric.

Comment

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I'm having the same trouble with your example as I did with my own. I get an access violation at address zero when I try to access the object. This leads me to believe that the monkeytalk software isn't registered properly, but having checked the compiled example VB application, that works fine. Hence the COM server side of things is ok.

I also remember last time I tried to use it I had the same issue. I coded the same sample in vb and it worked fine.

I'm using Delphi 5. Are you on a different version?

Ric.
              I'm using delphi 7.

Search for "Delphi +dll" for my thread
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I'm using delphi 7.
                Same here, Delphi 7, works great...

Comment

Originally posted by Passe
                  Same here, Delphi 7, works great...

NaviVoice is done in Delphi... completely VB free, just the way I like it
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Well, there you have it - I switched to Delphi 7 and it works without problem.

Thanks for the input guys.

Ric.

Comment

Well, there you have it - I switched to Delphi 7 and it works without problem.

Thanks for the input guys.

Ric.
                      You welcome. You can also help Frodo as I wouldn't have been able to translate the VB code to delphi without his help
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                      X