Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my opinion about MapMonkey

Hi
    I use mapmonkey 1.1.348 ver end I ride with mapmonkey in Copenhagen, Denmark
    I have same think about this program
    1 Very long way get to my saved location, if it's possibly make my saved location button on the main sheet near "plane route" button
    2 No search line in my saved location sheet, I always search my point with down arrow, that discommodity
    3 I can't see selection information that quickest or shortest route in the main sheet near information cell
    4 Program canít recalculate quickest or shortest route as I drive
    5 Navigation, show and tools buttons to small, Iíd larger than life

So, thatís my opinion about mapmonkey
    Respect
    vol

My opinion about mapmonkey.. I think its a top 'FREE' program and without it I would be still using D2 which compared to MM is crap. I take my hat off to NM and would like to thank him loads for his contribution to these forums and the carputer scene on the whole..

cheers M8

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

"I ride with mapmonkey"

I'm going to stick that on my rear bumper
      Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Not the best 1st post from someone. NM, I would assume he does actually like it and has some slight small issues! At least he didn't say it was crap!

I have never used map monkey but everyone who has keeps praising it - and that is genuine off the record praise not sucking up praise.

Comment

I like MM, it's far better than my map reading skills. The only thing that ticks me off is won't mute FP when repeating directions. Other than that it is stable, pretty user friendly and gets the job done. Good enough for me.
          Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
            My opinion about mapmonkey.. I think its a top 'FREE' program and without it I would be still using D2 which compared to MM is crap.
            ? Wouldn't you be using Freedrive?? I've heard that's ok!

R.e. Vol, I don't think he was having a go at anyone!
            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
              I like MM, it's far better than my map reading skills. The only thing that ticks me off is won't mute FP when repeating directions. Other than that it is stable, pretty user friendly and gets the job done. Good enough for me.
              That's actually a feature...open up Settings.ini and change ManeuverRepeatTimeout to 0

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                ? Wouldn't you be using Freedrive?? I've heard that's ok!
                I guessed he meant MM gave him inspiration to make freedrive! Either way it was a nice compliment

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
                  That's actually a feature...open up Settings.ini and change ManeuverRepeatTimeout to 0

Cheers NM, will do.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                  LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

"I ride with mapmonkey"

I'm going to stick that on my rear bumper
                    okok, I know, my english not good ..... but no problem if it's difficolt for you

respect

Comment

Originally posted by vol
                      okok, I know, my english not good ..... but no problem if it's difficolt for you

respect
                      Hey no offense, I thought it was good quote!

Comment

Hey no offense, I thought it was good quote!
                        Me too, wish I'd thought of it.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

I'm using Routis, for now, but just wanted to suggest that when it comes to free software often a good way to motivate the programmer to make changes you want is through contributions. Maybe a "this would be worht $20 to me if..." or "I'd gladly pay $50 if it could..." might be warmly welcomed.

I'm not speaking on behalf of NM at all here, not suggesting he is only motivated by money (which obviously he is not), but my generaly opinion is I'm very fortunate to get good software for free and I shouldn't be reluctant to make a contribution to get it just how I want it, if the changes are viable.

Chris.

Comment

At the risk of chewing a newbie out.....

How much have you paid for it ?

How much time has NM put in to it ?

If you don't like it use some thing else.....

Terran

( Does this not sound like a Zorro situ coming up or what )
                            My Project Site

Comment

Nope, it doesnt sound at all like the Zorro situation IMHO...

He merely is pointing out some difficulties he has (many clicks to get to saved locatoin, no searcvhing of saved locations, etc)... he cant speak english well (we can all see that and he admits it), he is just asking/suggesting a feature as far as I can tell...

he never said anything in an agressive tone or anything... I think it was a contructive first post if you ask me... much better than the "i want to put a computer in my car but i cant fit my 15" crt monitor in it, and [this is essential] how do i power it?" questions that people usually post as first posts... this guy is pointing out real-world uses, and real world potential problems...

whether NM has any desire/time to add those failities is an entirely different issue. but the attitude that drove Z crazy was a bad attitude, this guy doesnt bring any of that IMO
                              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X