Maneuver Distancein MonkeyTalk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maneuver Distancein MonkeyTalk

I have a question about ManeuverDistance. I'd like to get the distance of the next Maneuver but the API does not seem to have this property. I am creating a skin for RR with MM and I want to make the Distance as big as possible.

While driving I find it useful to keep an eye on the distance to next maneuver, sometimes I miss the exit I need to take because the exits are very close to each other on the Spanish roads, example: ring roads junctions. I've take a few wrong exits because I did not closely at the idstance info on the top bar.

Can I request an extension to the API to have a winsock property that has the distance to next maneuver.

I'm pretty sure it's already there...let me check
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Yep, the winsock command is Get_DistanceToManeuver however it needs a maneuver ID as it's parameter (you can get the current ID from Get_CurrentManeuverIndex but I doubt you can do that in the skin)

If you want a single command to retrieve the distance to the next maneuver I'll have to add it. Expect an update soon

Comment

Cheers NM, if you can add the property at some stage I'd appreciate it. No rush on it, I'm enjoying MM in it's current state.

I looked at Get_DistanceToManeuver but as you say I'd need to get the ID and that involves writing code that I can't do in RR.

Thanks for your support and time on this project. When I get some spare money I'll donate it.

Comment

Ruairi, if you know basic VB, write a quick Vb app to do the above in Vb and then place a custom label on your skin.

Comment

Thanks for the prompting, I jumped in the deep end and tried to write it myself. However when I ask for the distance it gives me the index number:

dim i as integer = 1
            NextTurn.Text = MM.ManeuverDistance(i)
            NextStreet.Text = MM.ManeuverRoad(i)

ManeuverDistance does not return what I was expecting. Will the event ManeuverUpdate give me something different for distance, I have not been able to take it on the road to test if this event gives correct distances or maneuver indexes.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Possibly a bug, I'll check it out

Comment

Same problem here. I'm writing some custom code in RR to get some additional information in a label in RR (Distance to next maneuver). The maneuverDistance() method returns the value of the maneuverID that you supplied in the method.
                Using the maneuver types I'm also adding pictures in my audioplayer screen and want to add the distance to the maneuver as a nice big label. Hopefully Guino will add the code to the base version of RR (said he would)
                My car: 2009 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 runnin on LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas)
                Hardware: None at the moment
                Software: None at the moment
                See: Velleman K8055 Plugin for Road Runner

Progress: [XXXXXXXXXX] 0 % DONE

Comment

307, sounds like we have a similar skin in mind.

Comment

I think so too. This is what I have so far.

The arrows are a set of JPGs in a new created RR indicator I created. The distance is not yet in here but is already working as a new RR label (MMistance). I'm currently getting the distance using the ManeuverUpdate event that is fired when MM is changing to a new direction. But I also want to have the following direction and the distance to it.

Ninja Monkey: is it possible to have the location (long and lat) of the next maneuver to calculate (in a way) the distance to the direction by using the current location?
                    Attached Files

Comment

NM, any news!?

Comment

NM - is there a command to pull all the maneuvers from a route list as a string or similar???

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                          NM - is there a command to pull all the maneuvers from a route list as a string or similar???
                          I an working on a similiar change to the Mac_V2 day/night skin for RR. The Main menu has many redundent labels so I decided to try to pull the next manuever, distance, and roadname as labels and replace the coords and speed. Tried the "MM;ManeuverUpdate" command but that is "unrecognized command" when the skin is running.

NM are there label commands I can use to get those three as text/numbers?

UK_MP3Car: Please share with the rest of us how you got the turn symbols working , I'd love to put those on my skins.

Thanx
                          Giz
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
                            I an working on a similiar change to the Mac_V2 day/night skin for RR. The Main menu has many redundent labels so I decided to try to pull the next manuever, distance, and roadname as labels and replace the coords and speed. Tried the "MM;ManeuverUpdate" command but that is "unrecognized command" when the skin is running.

NM are there label commands I can use to get those three as text/numbers?

UK_MP3Car: Please share with the rest of us how you got the turn symbols working , I'd love to put those on my skins.

Thanx
                            Giz
                            Do you mean 307SW_NLD?! I made some changes to the VB code of RR. The turn sumbol is a new indicator I created in RR that you can add to your skin file. If you want I can take the last release of RR and re-add the code (will only take me a few minutes) and send you the RR.exe you with a sample skin file. You will also need some jpg with the arrows. You can either make your one of I can send you sample (white and orange)

Comment

Originally posted by 307SW_NLD
                              Same problem here. I'm writing some custom code in RR to get some additional information in a label in RR (Distance to next maneuver). The maneuverDistance() method returns the value of the maneuverID that you supplied in the method.
                              Using the maneuver types I'm also adding pictures in my audioplayer screen and want to add the distance to the maneuver as a nice big label. Hopefully Guino will add the code to the base version of RR (said he would)
                              Hey man, the problem I have with your code is: I never got the IMAGES to try it out/tweak it a little... The code has been sitting on my desktop for awhile now..

EDIT: nevermind.. found the images in another machine I downloaded it at..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X