Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice prompt volume??

Ok, i have a strange problem.

I have MM set to mute WA to 10% and play voice prompts at 50%.

When it plays the voice prompt the first 2 seconds are at 100% and the last bit at 50%

Like: TURN LEFT 500 yards

(this is not the same problem as repeat time = 15/0 as found in other threads, beacuse i have set that already. Also it always mutes ok.)

Any ideas?

bump - Anyone?

Comment

I have this problem too - sure wish I knew how to fix it.

Comment

It must be female and, realizing you are male, makes it's point strongly to get your attention. "TURN LEFT! 500 yards." Yes, dear.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

And the speed warning volume is also always 100%, is there a separate setting for this.

C'mon someone help b4 i go deaf!!
          Ninja?

Comment

bump********

someone else must be getting this? no?

Comment

Man.... no one?????

Comment

Buuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmppppppppppppp

Comment

I almost have the same problem, it plays the last part of the voice on 100% volume instead of the 50% as set in the options.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Comment

Mine doesn't work at all also it doesn't pause frodo.

Thanatos.
                    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

There is a setting in the ini file which stops the volume change - ManeuverRepeatTimeout=15 needs to be changed can't remember what though - a search should reveal that one. To get the overall volume of all voice prompts lower in relation to the music volume you will need to create a new set of wav file files which have had some attenuation applied. I have found that a 4dB reduction, a bit of bass cut and a bit of treble cut applied to the existing uk voices works just fine. I used a freeware audio editor to apply the changes to the existing wavs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentode
                        There is a setting in the ini file which stops the volume change - ManeuverRepeatTimeout=15 needs to be changed can't remember what though - a search should reveal that one. To get the overall volume of all voice prompts lower in relation to the music volume you will need to create a new set of wav file files which have had some attenuation applied. I have found that a 4dB reduction, a bit of bass cut and a bit of treble cut applied to the existing uk voices works just fine. I used a freeware audio editor to apply the changes to the existing wavs.
                        I've changed the setting in the settings.ini file, and this seems to work Thanks!

Could you maybe send me a zipfile with your edited voices? Thanks in advance. (meelobee[a]hotmail.com)

Comment

I'll mail it in the next day or two - I need to get in the car and copy them back over to here!

Comment

Would be much appriciated (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by Meelobee
                              I've changed the setting in the settings.ini file, and this seems to work Thanks!

Could you maybe send me a zipfile with your edited voices? Thanks in advance. (meelobee[a]hotmail.com)
                              Looks like I cheered too early. It still has the wrong volume at times, it looks like the volume mute goes back to 100% too early, so the last words of some sentences are spoken way too loud. (which is killing my tweeters! )

Anyone else know of something to solve this?!

Comment

Working...
                              X