Traffic Incorporation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Incorporation

Are there any plans from anyone to incorporate traffic situations into MapMonkey using an always-on internet connection?

this feature would be very useful to me, but i would need to find the software that can successfully acheive this before i start paying 50$/mo for verizon wireless' unlimited wireless internet
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

I think the problem is there really isn't a good source for national traffic data. Not that I'm aware of anyhow.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

oh alright

Comment

If your area is covered by a trafic site such as www.smartraveller.com you acn just check online conditions over the web.

Comment

There will be a service available in the UK shortly to allow this, luckily for the UK there is easily available, free to use resources for traffic information, unfortunately there is no such thing in the US that we are aware of. The info is in beta testing currently and will be available soon.

Comment

well i could check before i leave, but id like my gps to plan the route according to the current traffice conditions, and possibly even recalculate a route if a new major inccident occured...

and yea I-4 is always bad, too bad it really the only way to get from tampa to orlando

Comment

There is always XM NavTrafic. Check out the XM site.http://www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic/index.jsp

It is currently integrated on the new Acura RL, the new Caddy CTS, and the Pioneer Avic N2 and D2.

Now, if only our community can somehow integrate the service with out GPSs, all would be good.

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

heard that thing didnt have much local coverage for me... miami and thats it

Comment

Hate too say it, but it has been a long time since I have been in Florida, and I am not familiar with it's geography, but I see that it just/will be adding Tampa and Orlando in June,and it already includes Miami/Ft Lauderdale.

So, what coverage are you missing?

Michael

Edit: Just did some research, and I see that Tampa and Orlando are not close to Miami. Should have realized. However, Miami is covered so far. There is a map here.
                  ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                    There will be a service available in the UK shortly to allow this, luckily for the UK there is easily available, free to use resources for traffic information, unfortunately there is no such thing in the US that we are aware of. The info is in beta testing currently and will be available soon.
                    Actually, TMC isn't officially available in the UK since it's still in beta testing, but it does work!

See this review:
                    http://pocketgpsworld.com/navigon-tmc.php

He used Navigon in the UK with TMC support and it worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X