Destinator PN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator PN

I have several users that use MM/Destinator3 for USA/European travel and everything has worked very well. That is, until I tried to add one more user. I ordered another copy of D3 and received Destinator PN which according to them is just a new name for D3. The maps however immediately cause an 'illegal operation' error in MM. Upon closer inspection, these new maps also include 2 new files(Default.ldm and MapStreetTypes.TXT). Anyone have this behavior? Have they changed the Map format? I really want to stay legal with this but it's my butt on the line if I can't get this guy's laptop working soon.

Try running just Destinator with the new maps and not MM and see if you get the same action. C_client.exe
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Destinator PN is not the same as Destinator 3 !!!!
      PN is the new version used to have the code name "Destinator 5"

Comment

How will we get map data in the future?

Had a look on a couple of map shops and it looks like none of them have D3 in stock.

Most of them sell Destinator PN instead. If this map data can't be used with MM, how will we be able to get updated map data in the future?

/ Micke

Comment

PN version is capable to read version 3 maps.
          I assue the other way also work.

Comment

Boys, please,who has purchased Destinator PN us shapeless to all of us if the maps somehow can work with MM, otherwise is it one big problem for us "to be update" in the future !

Mauri

Comment

MM will not open PN maps. It produses an immediate windows error when You try to switch to one. D3 maps (US and Euro) work fine.

Comment

if you remove the file WCE_B2.dat than you can load the maps. but navigation does not work. i try to make a new maps with Destinator PN cutter. only greece map do work from PN CD. the other not.
                someone any idea - how to integrate PN Maps?

Comment

FYI: I can use a cut map from PN in the Destinator sample app without changing anything. The navigate and all other functions work fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by lauren
                    FYI: I can use a cut map from PN in the Destinator sample app without changing anything. The navigate and all other functions work fine too.
                    Good, please, infos step by step for use the PN maps in MM...

Mauri

Comment

WOAAAAH! I get it! It WORKS!!!

I deleted the WCE_B2 file then I cut the map... and now it works perfectly!

Just one thing. I'm Italian, and I previously used the Destinator SP map; when I travel from my home to some cities passing through some toll roads, everything was ok; if I choose to avoid toll roads, often it crashes. The same happens with this "cutted" PN maps; but, if I cut the map under 200mb, no further problems.

Let me know if you find the same in the maps of other countries.

Enjoy
                      Garo

Author Of:
                      CarPC Installation on my Seat Toledo

Comment

I reinstalled the sdk for Destinator and now trying to use the new maps crashed my program and the sample apps like you were saying.

Originally I had the SDK and Destinator 3 Console on my laptop with Destinator 3 on my Pocket PC. I then used a different laptop to put PN on my Pocket PC. Finally I grabbed the map that I cut using PN off of the Pocket PC and put it on my laptop that had Destinator 3.

The setup above worked until I reinstalled the sdk so maybe if you do the above you can use the PN maps but I will warn you that I don't think it is very stable to use the PN maps on D3.

Comment

LinITX still have some Europe/UK copies of D3 left

http://linitx.com/index.php?cPath=88_92
                          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by garo
                            WOAAAAH! I get it! It WORKS!!!

I deleted the WCE_B2 file then I cut the map... and now it works perfectly!

Just one thing. I'm Italian, and I previously used the Destinator SP map; when I travel from my home to some cities passing through some toll roads, everything was ok; if I choose to avoid toll roads, often it crashes. The same happens with this "cutted" PN maps; but, if I cut the map under 200mb, no further problems.

Let me know if you find the same in the maps of other countries.

Enjoy
                            Perfect!! Really Perfect! It works.. and thank to Garo!

Comment

Has anyone tried the PN sdk yet? It is definitely different than the last one and will not work for the applications developed off of the last sdk.

Comment

Working...
                              X