bagnav is still in progress.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bagnav is still in progress.

Just for those who are wondering where my map monkey plug in (bagnav) is, I'm still working on it, and in the middle of negotiations for the data for UK, ( IE 2m + 5m image data and possibly some local areas at 25cm from GetMapping ) with possibly 5m DTM height data.
    I've uploaded a demo wmv file, to show it's current state of play, now with night mode, at the click of a button/screen.
    The link for the wmv is 25cmVid3.wmv it's 25cm data draped over a small section of 5m height data.
    I'm also in negotiations with trying to get the road data to display roads + names over the images.

Enjoy.

Can you make this a standalone app (one that can read and parse the GPS by itself), so that everyone could enjoy it? It looks awesome!
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

It is a stand alone app,
      you make a program that sends the window a message containing Longitude/Latitude/Direction etc. it does the rest.
      I made it stand alone, so that it would work with Map Monkey, and any of the other Navigation apps. I've even got a Pocket PC version that runs on TomTom and Destinator 3
      Glad you like it 0l33l

Comment

Originally posted by baggers
        It is a stand alone app,
        you make a program that sends the window a message containing Longitude/Latitude/Direction etc. it does the rest.
        I made it stand alone, so that it would work with Map Monkey, and any of the other Navigation apps. I've even got a Pocket PC version that runs on TomTom and Destinator 3
        Glad you like it 0l33l
        Sweet! Any plans for a US version

This would look PIMP right next to iGuidance when embedded in SKINbedder.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Sweeeeeeet!!!

will you release the tools to associate the sat images with the vectoric map? (ozi explorer style). I have the destinator 3 maps of israel and sat images (25cm) as well. could i associate it myself?

thanks.

Omer.

btw, with the release of google earth's API and maps, wont it help you?

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            Sweet! Any plans for a US version

This would look PIMP right next to iGuidance when embedded in SKINbedder.
            Yeah, there will be a US version, using the MS database.
            I'm just getting UK version sorted first, since I'm from UK.

Originally posted by omernesh
            Sweeeeeeet!!!

will you release the tools to associate the sat images with the vectoric map? (ozi explorer style). I have the destinator 3 maps of israel and sat images (25cm) as well. could i associate it myself?

thanks.

Omer.

btw, with the release of google earth's API and maps, wont it help you?
            Most probably.

Just released a test 2m data test image too ( no height data on this for the moment. )

Comment

Looks nice. dunno how it will prove itself in the functionality test.. but, i'll be glad to see for myself

anyway, here in israel, there's a company that pushes a new dest like prog.
              its called nav n' go. and i think it looks gooood! i'd like to see MM support it.
              check out http://www.navngo.com/
              i suggest you'll also see the movies:
              http://www.navngo.com/navngo1.wmv
              http://www.navngo.com/navngo2.wmv

their 3D look is smooth. but, since MM doesn't support it yet, i figure we could only dream at this point.

Comment

Yeah, there will be a US version, using the MS database.
                I'm just getting UK version sorted first, since I'm from UK.
                Yay! Hopefully its with 25cm maps... those look hot
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

omernesh, functionality test wise, it goes with whatever you put it, it's not going to do the navigation, that's for MM or navngo or mappoint, or whatever you use.
                  this is just a plug in viewer, for reasons of peoples preference to nav system.

and yes, 0l33l it'll most likely be what ever size you can get ya mits on

Comment

and yes, 0l33l it'll most likely be what ever size you can get ya mits on
                    Ok
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

yeah, i know..

Comment

Great found the new thread...... just lost internet for 5 weeks or so which means I am glad to be back, lost job, no new one, seems iam now diabetic so chance of a new job are lower than before, but that means lots of free time at the moment.!!
                        Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Originally posted by lez
                          Great found the new thread...... just lost internet for 5 weeks or so which means I am glad to be back, lost job, no new one, seems iam now diabetic so chance of a new job are lower than before, but that means lots of free time at the moment.!!
                          Sorry to here that, hope everything pans out.
                          Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

yeah sorry to hear that lez, my nephew is a diabetic, got diagnozed when he was 8 your life will have to change soooo much now. hope they find a cure soon.

Comment

Baggers that looks AWESOME!

Is the application very processor intensive? I'm only running a PIII laptop and fear that it might not be enough to refresh the image data fast enough.

There are also some comedy aspects, like when you plow over roundabouts, drive through houses and jump down bridges...

Looking forward to some sort of release of this,
                              any ideas on rough pricing of the application?

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X