Comm Port In Use!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comm Port In Use!

Hey, I have been using MM in my car with a BU-303 reciever and MM has been working brilliantly. Yet, sometimes when I load up MM I get the message saying that -the comm port is in use-, this leads to the GPS reciever not being detected by MM. On most occasions MM states that it is reconnecting the GPS and everything works fine. On the occasions it doesn't work even closing MM and then reopening it makes no difference. does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Originally posted by smkau18
    Hey, I have been using MM in my car with a BU-303 reciever and MM has been working brilliantly. Yet, sometimes when I load up MM I get the message saying that -the comm port is in use-, this leads to the GPS reciever not being detected by MM. On most occasions MM states that it is reconnecting the GPS and everything works fine. On the occasions it doesn't work even closing MM and then reopening it makes no difference. does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    See in your system if have setting in "device manager" utility one "serial mouse" ....disable this.
    The GPS COM is settings to 4800 Baud?

Mauri

Comment

ok thanks will give it a try

Comment

mauri
        See in your system if have setting in "device manager" utility one "serial mouse" ....disable this.
        I had a look and couldn't find "serial mouse" in the "device manager"
        any other ideas?

Comment

Another serial device connects?Type Touch screen no USB but Serial for exsample....
          Is is possible to launch correctly "Yperterminal" or no?

Mauri

Comment

mauri
            Another serial device connects?Type Touch screen no USB but Serial for exsample....
            Is is possible to launch correctly "Yperterminal" or no?
            sorry I don't quite understand what "Yperterminal" is

Comment

I have this same problem, i would be pleased to know of a solution

Comment

Originally posted by smkau18
                sorry I don't quite understand what "Yperterminal" is
                HyperTerminal is it one emulation port sw by Windows,embedded from W98 to XP !

Start
                Programs
                Accessories
                Communications
                HyperTerminal

Lauch this,set the COM if you use for the GPS (connected) 4800baud,N,8,1,no control ....you see the GPS NMEA infos in real mode if work.
                If the Hypert. is it impossible to launch correctly(and same infos of COM is used), you have one serial device in your system hide...
                EDIT:you have check in the original D3 GPS settings?
                Don't set the same COM real port that uses with MM, can have some conflicts so change it... don't use with MM the original utility of GPS settings by D3 .

Mauri

Comment

Guys, search before you post.

anyway, i had the same problem, and i tried all of the above. at the end, the solution was much simpler, you wont believe it. i switched the usb ports, literally. took it out and stuck it to the other usb port.. dunno why, it worked, i guess bill gates knows..

try it.

Comment

thanks for all the advice mauri and omernesh. I have been away from the computer over the weekend due to work. I will try and give it a go tonight

Comment

I have same problems.

Thing is, if i unplug Bu-303, and plug it back, it founds also Microsoft Ballpoint mouse, which needs to be disabled since GPS is trying to act as mouse( mouse pointer jumping around the screen).

After it is disabled, GPS works fine, but after many times disabling BALLPOINT mouse, GPS is allways detected on another port(Also BALLPOINT mouse is).

When i have done this many times, every com port where BALLPOINT mouse has appearedand wherefrom it is disabled, are in use.

Well, i can uninstall these BALLPOINT mouses to free the COM ports, but after they were in use, i cannot set them under MM destinator GPS status settings ... There is only COM3 available.

In MM config i can set these ports easily, but it just doesnt work.
                      I allways need to set it from MM Gps settings too...

Any workaround to find other ports than COM3 ? Since BU303 doesnt seem to work lower ports than COM6.

-Kungmpton

Comment

I have the samme issue with my bu-303!

I just close mapmonkey and starts it again. that works fine for me. Runs on com3.
                        But it is kinda irritating that it is nessecary!

I have set the port in the configuration utility, not elsewhere!

Comment

Working...
                        X