Destinator PN SDK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator PN SDK

I just purchased the Destinator 3 SDK from the Website and instead got a download of the Destinator PN SDK. It comes with a DestSDK.dll; and some others.... I have played with it some and was able to get the destinator map to open up with the "C" sample; but can't get the vb6 example to work.

It will show the Splash screen; and that is all. Has anyone played with this and got it to work???

screenshot please!!!!! any difference?
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Send us the SDK and we'll have a go!
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

jumps on the wagon !
        Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

looks around and sees the wagon has four wheels and no carpc and jumps off
          CarPC Status:
          GPS: 99%
          Hardware: 99%
          Software: 92%
          Case Install: 99.9%
          Dash Install: 100%
          Car Install: 72%

Comment

Come on!!! if he doesnt post soon I may just have to go and get a copy myself... I'll send you the copy CDR for development purposes if I do buy it... but before taking the plunge (how much is it anyways) I would love to hear what changed....
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

changes:
              We changed the way the map is made just alil so the carpc users can't use it.
              The sdk was changed abit to read this map otherwise it is the same crap sdk as D3
              We now want $200 for the sdk and $150 for the dll

And whats sad is they will probably do that too
              CarPC Status:
              GPS: 99%
              Hardware: 99%
              Software: 92%
              Case Install: 99.9%
              Dash Install: 100%
              Car Install: 72%

Comment

are you totally kidding or is that somehow official info? Do "old" (d3) maps still work? Their website has no mention of a different SDK version, and they still list Destinator 3 SDK - U$50, Support package w/ SDK U$150 and whatever other support options at the higher prices...

I wonder what has changed... the user said he purchased D3 sdk, and was taken to a Destinaor PN download... and also WTF is PN standing for?
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

I would post the changes; if I saw any; everything really looks the same; 3d still has no street names that I can see or anything. I am still waiting though for my PN maps to arrive....

Does anyone else have this version of the SDK?

Yes the website states dest 3 sdk; but when I got the download procedure I got the PN version. I figured great; I can work on a program to use the new PN maps... But so far can't get it to work; with any of the samples they sent. I ended up just writing my own quick "c" sample and it works; maybe I am just doing something wrong in vb. I don't know, but the sample they send don't work. The help file appears to be the d3 version though.

Does anyone have a quick example vb program that worked in with destdll and maybe I can see if it will work with this new sdk?

Sorry I haven't responded sooner guys.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do you have any dll version info comparing to the d3 dll? could it be just a download procedure that has changed and the dll name?

Also, where did you purchase your PN maps? it seems to have only d3 maps @destinator1.com....

I wonder if they have PN maps for Brazil... also, do they send u a CD or can you download the maps?
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

I bought the destinator pn from here:

http://www.buygpsnow.com/Search.aspx...=destinator+pn

Hopefully it is the correct version for this sdk or I am out another $150.00

There are three dll's; but I think that only the first two are needed:

destsdk.dll 1.0.0.1
                      destcore.dll 4.0.0.0
                      smsmodule.dll (all dated for 4/05)

the help file (chm) is destsdk v5.chm (4/05)

then there is a vb example, embedded vb example, and the c example.

Which none of them work (without some modifications at least). I got the sdk to work by writing up a simple c program (and later modifying the c example once I figured out why it would not work); but really want to be able to use vb. And can't figure out how to get it to work.

Here's an excerpt from the intro; hopefully I don't violate any copyright laws

Destinator 5.0 COM API (SDK further in this document) is a software tool that allows you to create your own map geo-coding application or even a navigation system. It is a COM-object you can use in your Windows projects. SDK COM-object uses apartment threading model for Windows and Free threading model for Windows CE. Destinator 5.0 COM API covers all Destinator 5.0 functionalities.

do you have the v3 sdk? Or does anyone else???

Comment

i have it, there is a thread here that has the download link for dest2 sdk and dest3 sdk... maybe you can search for destinator 2 sdk, as the original request in that thread was for destinator 2... but someone posted the d3 link as well...

anyways you might also be able to *cough*get it on edonkey*cough*
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

damn i caught your cough, cause i'm chockin on ehhhh hemmm torrent spy since thats where i saw the d3 dll availble ...

Originally posted by RoyN
                          i have it, there is a thread here that has the download link for dest2 sdk and dest3 sdk... maybe you can search for destinator 2 sdk, as the original request in that thread was for destinator 2... but someone posted the d3 link as well...

anyways you might also be able to *cough*get it on edonkey*cough*

Comment

*cough*
                            Some unknown viral program must have hidden this file on my PC (Its doing the rounds on the Net now) and made it available for torrent download in a self installing big map crack file. And it still seems to still work when ppl tell me that TIME BOMB has appeared on their screens now
                            *COUGH*
                            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                            X