Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator PN SDK

Hi All,

What are the latest rumblings regarding the Destinator PN SDK?

I've signed up with powerloc and received the PN SDK. Is there yet a work-around to get this to integrate with Map Monkey and D3 maps?

I'm not a coder, so please speak slowly...

- R

Originally posted by GT663
    Hi All,

What are the latest rumblings regarding the Destinator PN SDK?

I've signed up with powerloc and received the PN SDK. Is there yet a work-around to get this to integrate with Map Monkey and D3 maps?

I'm not a coder, so please speak slowly...

- R
    [slow]
    S e n d - i t - t o - m e , I - c a n - c o d e !
    [/slow]
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

lol.. well I cant code either, but I will have a bash ;-)
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
        [slow]
        S e n d - i t - t o - m e , I - c a n - c o d e !
        [/slow]
        Hmmm... PM me...

Comment

For those interested in checking out the difference between the old and new SDKs, I have created a directory/file listing of the Destinator PN SDK (including file sizes). Dir List is 69KB. PM if you want it.

Comment

The latest that I received from PowerLoc was:

The SDK 5 has a lot of bugs and they are working on fixing them.... The biggest one that I have so far found; is that you cannot create the objects correctly; so until this is fixed; I don't see much in a way to integrate it into anyone's apps.

This even includes the sample apps that are sent with it (they don't work as/is); and the vb app doesn't work at all.

Hopefully they will fix it soon....

Comment

Originally posted by mr92
              The latest that I received from PowerLoc was:

The SDK 5 has a lot of bugs and they are working on fixing them.... The biggest one that I have so far found; is that you cannot create the objects correctly; so until this is fixed; I don't see much in a way to integrate it into anyone's apps.

This even includes the sample apps that are sent with it (they don't work as/is); and the vb app doesn't work at all.

Hopefully they will fix it soon....
              Aha! so it's not just me... Everything I tried to run just kept crashing out...

I can write software that doesn't work... ...Anyone want to pay me $50?

Comment

Any news on TMC ???

Terran ( God I think this needs to be in my sig I ask it that offten lol. )
                My Project Site

Comment

It says it has, but so did the D3 help file.. so it remains to be seen

CdR
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                    It says it has, but so did the D3 help file.. so it remains to be seen

CdR
                    I rember you said that... was looking for a little more like 'Yes we can see it in the DLL - TMC here we come' sort of thing.

TBH guys - you might want to look at supporting Infomap ( not sure about US support ) - 3D and a better interface is on the way this Chrimbo with TMC next year - Yeh....

Terran

Imagine - FD and MM supporting both or even more ? Save on some of the common functions been reprogramed - just create a new module to interface with each app.... ( may be I am been nieve here ).
                    My Project Site

Comment

Hi

I purchased the SDK before I went on holiday, and have been trying to compile the C_Client example with no luck......

has any one managed to get anything to work?? any one got any code that works I could have?

If no....any one got an update from the Destinator guys, they don't want to respond to me now :-(
                      Its down!!!! Sold the Golf so took it out, it's still alive but not installed.

Progress [-----------] 0%
                      Who the Daddy Iz!

Comment

post 7
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Cheers mate, was hoping it may have been fixed in those few days. Do you know where I can a hold of Destinator 3 SDK???
                          Its down!!!! Sold the Golf so took it out, it's still alive but not installed.

Progress [-----------] 0%
                          Who the Daddy Iz!

Comment

Hmm... I can't seem to find the thread that had Destinator 2 and Destinator 3 SDK links....

check ur pm though...
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
                            X