Bluetooth Gps Map Monkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Gps Map Monkey

I just bought a BT GPS receiver (Fortuna Slim - Sirf star III chipset). I tried to set it up and work with map monkey and it is not possible.
    My Pc has not BT intergrated so I bought a BT usb adaptor (Level one the brand - the installation programm says Toshiba). My problem is that the Level one adaptor creates virtual com ports (BT gps receiver is assigned to com 41). I checked with hyperterminal there is a connection. I am not able to tell mapmonkey to use com 41. I could use a little help.

By the way great job with map monkey. I always wondered if such a programm exhisted.

It's likely that with some clever reconfiguration, you can get a lower COM port assigned to the bluetooth connection that MapMonkey should like better than COM41.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Unfortunatelly it seems 40 is the lowest it can go

Comment

Yo have to delete wrong ports.

Search this forum about "remove hidden periphrals" or similar
        See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

Comment

If you're using Advanced GPS, simply open the Settings.ini inside the map monkey folder and change the COMPort entry to 41.
          Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I reinstalled the BT GPS and this time I followed the custom settings and was able to install it at com port 4. Now is woking perfect. very happy with the fortuna as well very small - long life of battery.

Comment

It still doesn't work for me GPS works fine : i hit search gps, mapmonkey say's : gps found on com 4 with 57000, it sets the current location and then it tells me gps not found.

If i set the port myself it tells me : com port is in use...

ThE ScReW's CarPuter :-)

Comment

Working...
              X