Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapMonkey for Linux

Hi,
    A part from Gpsdrive there are not much for linux GPS nav. Gpsdrive lacks of proper maps.

So I loaded latest wine (ver.950) and ran MM it does work to a certain extent.

I get the full MM on the screen without the map. Whenever I press a MM button I get below Error. (The error I get is the same for any button)

Error Details:

Number: 91
    Description: Object variable or With block variable not set (D3Request|Home)
    Source: p_Command
    Version: 1.1.344
    HelpContext: 1000091
    HelpFile:
    LastDllError: 0

I am not a VB person I hope and pray MM cheif can shed some light here. Even better if a diffrent version (which agrees with Wine) of MM made available.

Another approch is to port MM properly to Linux may be using REALbasic 2005 or similar product. This to happen MM source code is needed.

i 'm good to go I have all the hardware (GPS, few PCs) and time to burn!

Please consider.

BabyF

the SDK is available for Destinator.. and I would think that it would be your easiest way to get a solution for Linux...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Navigator 4 for Linux

There is actually a very good Linux GPS Navigation package called Navigator 4. It has full European and I think US maps, and all the features you'd expect from navigation software.

Get it here : http://www.directions.ltd.uk/

I just got it working and it bloody rocks! The pro versopm even has a great SDK and it has a built in car-pc mode...

It's just the nicest thing since, well, cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by frink
        There is actually a very good Linux GPS Navigation package called Navigator 4. It has full European and I think US maps, and all the features you'd expect from navigation software.

Get it here : http://www.directions.ltd.uk/

I just got it working and it bloody rocks! The pro versopm even has a great SDK and it has a built in car-pc mode...

It's just the nicest thing since, well, cheese.
        Thank you. I'll check it out

Comment

Working...
        X