Adding Favorites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Favorites

How would I edit the Favorites section so I can add my own addresses to it??

Originally posted by mnetwork
    How would I edit the Favorites section so I can add my own addresses to it??
    While you are at your home address, do an instant save (ie. save to My Locations)
    Go to Address/Favorites
    Select My Locations/Items
    Edit the entry you have just instant saved (which will be your home address)
    Re-save it to Favorites as Home
    Now it will appear in Favorites as your Home location

Wizz

PS: If your skin does not support "Add Location" There are skins by Mauri & Dena at Mapmonkey.co.uk that do
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Ok, finally got that done. I got a new skin and I have the add feature now. This is a good feature, but what if I just want to manually add an address. I don't want to always have to go to the address to add it in my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by mnetwork
        Ok, finally got that done. I got a new skin and I have the add feature now. This is a good feature, but what if I just want to manually add an address. I don't want to always have to go to the address to add it in my favorites.
        Sorry, Don't know I've always added a location on the fly by using the method I gave you.
        At least you are able to instantly save your location at any time , even though you've got to edit and save it to Favorites afterwards.

Wizz

PS: I've just checked and My Favorites.DAT contains the info.
        By Default that is in:- C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites
        But, by the look of things you would be hard pressed to add more data to this file without a specific utility to do this. So I think my original method still rules.
        Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
        Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
        Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Yeah, I already looked at the data files.. they are binary and I'd have to know how destinator saves it to make a little app for it.

Comment

Working...
          X