why does MM require SDK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does MM require SDK?

This might be a very stupid question but why does Map Monkey require the SDK to be installed on a system? I thought the point of a SDK was to develop stand-alone software.
    athlon 1400+, 512mb, some onboard crap, SB Live 5.1, 7" touch lilly, and some really nice speakers/amps.

Since Destinator is designed to run on a PocketPC, and not a desktop, I believe the SDK is what provides the .DLL so that D3 can run on your PC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

An sdk is for that purpose and thats what MM is but as you dont get charged for using MM but the good folks at destinator obviously want paid for their product. It can work in two ways, either Ninja can pay destinator for the right to distribute their DLL and sell it to you or you get MM for free and pay destinator direct. As this would mean a lot of hassle for Ninja he would probably want to charge a bit more so this way its cheaper. Road Runner is the same in that it controls winamp via the sdk, you still need winamp for it to work its just winamp is free. Likewise any of the front ends that use Mediaplayer which just happens to be bundled with windows.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

thanks

Thanks, makes sense
        athlon 1400+, 512mb, some onboard crap, SB Live 5.1, 7" touch lilly, and some really nice speakers/amps.

Comment

Working...
        X