Simulation Mode?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulation Mode?

Hey guys. Does anyone know of a way to make MapMonkey (or FreeDrive) SIMULATE a route?

I mean simulate the actual driving from point A to point B? If they can't, is there any other software that uses the Destinator SDK that can provide this feature?

I'm not sure about MapMonkey or Freedrive having that ability built-in, but I would think you could use a GPS simulator to do the same thing. Google "GPS Simulator" and you'll come across a few different ones.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

The problem with the GPS Simulators are that they need specific GPS co-ordinates for every step.

As you could imagine, trying to keep the co-ordinates on a road in MapMonkey would be extremely difficult.

Comment

As I know, Freedrive has a recording option that records your route and produces a file. This file can be replayed at home.
        The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Denney View Post
          Hey guys. Does anyone know of a way to make MapMonkey (or FreeDrive) SIMULATE a route?
          Yes, send pre-recorded gps data to the com port MapMonkey/Freedrive is reading.
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Denney View Post

I mean simulate the actual driving from point A to point B? If they can't, is there any other software that uses the Destinator SDK that can provide this feature?
            I've never used it.....but there is a Record/Play option in the MM Menu. Presumably you set this to record at the start of your journey....and then play it back when your journey has ended.
            Any help ?

Wizz
            Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
            Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
            Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Working...
            X