VolumeOnSpeak setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VolumeOnSpeak setting

When I set this VolumeOnSpeak setting it works fine for speed camera alerts but doesn't work for any other audible speak alerts such as the route guidance. Scares the hell outa me when I have my music loud and it shouts "TURN LEFT IN 200 YARDS". hehe

Anyone else found this problem too or is it just me?
    Volvo C70 - Installation in progress *gulp*

Originally posted by corsamel
    When I set this VolumeOnSpeak setting it works fine for speed camera alerts but doesn't work for any other audible speak alerts such as the route guidance. Scares the hell outa me when I have my music loud and it shouts "TURN LEFT IN 200 YARDS". hehe

Anyone else found this problem too or is it just me?
    This is a very common post you haven't 'ed have you.
    My solution is this:-
    Take the whole speech pack you are using and copy it to a new location. Use Wave Edit to adjust the volume of all WAV files to 40% and rename your folder something like "UK Medium Volume". Copy the folder back to Voice directory.

Run MMConfig select Audio Mute tab, tick "alter volume of winamp" set volume to 50% for 4 seconds. Then untick "set volume when giving directions"
    In MM change to the new voice pack you have just created.

Voice directions should now be at a comfortable level, and the degree of mute on winamp will mean you don't lose the flow of the music playing.

Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Working...
    X