Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG? and a few other things...

Dear Mr Monkey.

Perhaps this one is posted in the wrong place?

Anyway:

I have just downloaded and tested your MM ver 1.1.3(48) and I must say that I like it very much. There is however a few things that puzzles me:

TRIP PLANNER:
    When I create a route (list of waypoints), MM will route to the waypoint marked in the list when pressing (NAVIGATE), not adressing the other waypoints as "viapoints". What am I doing wrong? I would like to do a trip visiting a number of cities and routing through them in "one go"...
    Is it possible?

SCANDINAVIAN CHARACTERS:

I tried to "patch" the skin.ini file for the OSK to use Scandinavian characters (). I tried to change what looked like ASCII codes for the SQUARE BRACKET and SEMICOLON keys to my characters, but no luck on that one... What am I doing wrong here?
    // THIS ISSUE IS NOW SOLVED. IT TOOK A WHILE TO FIND THE RIGHT ASCII CODE SINCE THE APPLICATION "KEY.EXE" PRESENTED THE WRONG ONES WITH WINDOWS "LANGUAGE BAR" SET TO NORWEGIAN. USED WINDOWS CHARACTER MAP TO FIND CORRECT VALUES AND NOW IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. MADE ADDITIONAL OSK's FOR NORWEGIAN, SWEDISH AND DEUTCH //

CODING REQUEST 1:
    Is there a chance that you could add some code to the MM to play a soundfile BEFORE voiceprompting? Reason for asking is that I'm thinking of a "VOX" circuit between my PC (Panasonic Toughbook CF-M34 in car mounted docking station) and my car stereo. The audio output from the PC is connected to the "TEL/NAV input" on the car stereo. This input is activated by shorting a pin to ground... See what I meen? (The soundfile, or "PLING-PLING", should allow .5 sec for the "VOX" circuit to trigger the input switch on the car stereo...

CODING REQUEST 2:
    It would be VERY nice to be able to change the detail level of maps. Especially in OVERVIEW (Zoomed out) view of the maps there is almost NO details what so ever where I live (Northern Norway). I would like to see cities along the route in zoomed out mode...

Is it possible to display maptext on the 3D and "birds eye view"?

Keep up the good work!!!

Kind regards

Marc
Working...
X