Color-coded skin with MM & RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color-coded skin with MM & RR

Here's a skin I've created for RR & MM if anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll host it somewhere.

I've aimed to keep the buttons big & make it easy to find what you want at a glance with waky colors. Must MM menu options you can now get by pressing the left hand buttons.

Top buttons are for music including part of the current playlist.

Horizontal bar down the bottom is now the zoom that is normally a vertical bar on the right. Click on the City name zooms to the city, click close to the street name and it zooms close to the street. The far right of the bar zooms out to the full country.

Thumbs up from me

Very nice!
    A calm approach in a troubled world...
    http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
    DC UK Forum

Comment

I like it, get it hosted! I'll host it if you need it..

This is just for the GPS screen, not a complete skin, right?
      1984 BMW 323i (E30)
      [==========] 90%
      EPIA MII10000
      256MB RAM
      40GB 2,5" HD
      Lilliput 7" TS
      Hacked Travla C134
      Haicom CF GPS

Comment

I have most screens done, but it needs a good test. Be warned there are a lot of colors!

I've tried to color code everything using a color guide by a Yale University GUI expert. But frankly, I don't know if the colors are too over the top. Personally I think there is too many colors now, maybe I need to regoup the colors into fewer groups. I've tried to match GPS button colors with MM display colors. If you don't like the colors make suggestions and I'll change them.

THe skin is not finished yet, I'd like to add "Save New Playlist" to the PLAYLIST screen. Then maybe add some mixer presets to the MIXER screen, ie ROCK, CLASSIC, VIDEO,....

For me, the primary screen is the MM screen and I sometimes move to the playlist screen to change MP3, but that's all I use.

Here are the other screenshots:

Folder Browser & Playlist editor

Video/DVD Viewer

Video Browser

Apps Screen

Mixer

Comment

i love it please put it up so we can download it dude

Comment

Thats a functional looking skin..
            Good Work... make that : Great Work !!!!!
            This would make me try out RR.

keep us informed...

I can host your skin on one of my servers ( dedicated multiple IP, big pipe )

Let me know..

EDIT: I also like that there are few button along the right edge, where many Lilliputs have a failed touchscreen..

Comment

[QUOTE=ruairi]I have most screens done, but it needs a good test. Be warned there are a lot of colors!

I've tried to color code everything using a color guide by a Yale University GUI expert. But frankly, I don't know if the colors are too over the top. Personally I think there is too many colors now, maybe I need to regoup the colors into fewer groups. I've tried to match GPS button colors with MM display colors. If you don't like the colors make suggestions and I'll change them.

THe skin is not finished yet, I'd like to add "Save New Playlist" to the PLAYLIST screen. Then maybe add some mixer presets to the MIXER screen, ie ROCK, CLASSIC, VIDEO,....

For me, the primary screen is the MM screen and I sometimes move to the playlist screen to change MP3, but that's all I use.

How can I get this skin also with the mm skin ?
              Thanks
              Bye
              Peter

Comment

Great work
                how can i do to download it?

Comment

Looks very nice and funcional. OK

Comment

any download links yet/???

can anybody host this skin somewhere ??

Comment

Interesting, I like the button sizes and colors. The only thing I would recomend is having the music control buttons (play, stop next,previous,volume controls and mute) in the same locations on every screen. This helps finding them easier when driving. Just a thought.
                      But otherwise, I LIKE
                      Kudos

Comment

BUMP........

Any one host this yet??

Comment

Working...
                        X