Mediacar in standby for a few days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediacar in standby for a few days

I would not code any more during a few days because my son comes to be hospitalized this evening for a meningitis.

He had trailed since Wednesday a so-called influenza according to my family practitioner (at 5 years it is not current), his going state in worse, I brought it to the urgencies of the hospital which diagnosed a filth of meningitis.

The doctors do not decide for the next 24 to 48 hours because they will be determining.

Here are symptoms if that can help someone else not to be found in the situation to let his child suffer during 3 days by trusting its #$&/@ doctor:
    - Fevers
    - Headache constant very violent and painful
    - stiff and painful Neck
    - Burning Throat.

Then if a day you cross these symptom do not wait!

Then I have neither time nor the heart to do anything for this time
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

oh wow... i'm deeply sorry.. I'm not a medical person so i can't give you any insight on that though.

I hope he gets well soon
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, coyote

I sincerly hope that your son gets better soon We can all wait for him to recover to full health

Regards,

Garry
      Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

I´m very sorry about that too. Don't be very worried, children have strong health, I'm sure he'll be running across the house in very little time.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's health. It's an unfortunate reminder to us all about what is really important.

Please know that you and your family have our thoughts and prayers for his speedy recovery.

Scott
          Scott

MCS-PC
          Epia M-10000
          XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
          Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
          7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
          Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
          19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

I understand your priorities, and I can only pray for your sons health. As I have a 2.5 yr old son myself and would love any prayers or support I would need if I were in a similar situation. Keep a strong sense of hope and a little faith and the pitter patter of little feet and the joy of hearing laughter from your childs voice will be evident that some one upstairs is keeping an eye on things around here.
            This is my personal homepage no advertisement here. It has a shot of my carpc project.

Comment

I see you're still posting in the main thread. I hope this means your son is better.
              Scott

MCS-PC
              Epia M-10000
              XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
              Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
              7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
              Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
              19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

Coyote,

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Coyote- hope he gets well soon. If he's got a rash, you can do the glass test on it, if they're still unsure.
                  In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")
                  Bunny's first poo
                  __ U

Comment

We are all praying for your´s son health.

Be positive, in a few days he will be playing with you and this situation will be forgotten.

I lost a cousin of only 8 years old, because the doctors didn´t diagnosed right. What was diagnosed as a simple flu, was meningitis and some weeks later he died. Meningitis is really bad if not diagnosed right and fast.

My best wishes

Comment

We hope he gets well soon...
                      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Your Son...

Originally posted by coyote
                        I would not code any more during a few days because my son comes to be hospitalized this evening for a meningitis.

He had trailed since Wednesday a so-called influenza according to my family practitioner (at 5 years it is not current), his going state in worse, I brought it to the urgencies of the hospital which diagnosed a filth of meningitis.

The doctors do not decide for the next 24 to 48 hours because they will be determining.

Here are symptoms if that can help someone else not to be found in the situation to let his child suffer during 3 days by trusting its #$&/@ doctor:
                        - Fevers
                        - Headache constant very violent and painful
                        - stiff and painful Neck
                        - Burning Throat.

Then if a day you cross these symptom do not wait!

Then I have neither time nor the heart to do anything for this time

Those symptoms sound like "Viral meningitis"

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/6/1448.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Meningitis

Symptoms

Symptoms of bacterial meningitis usually develop suddenly, while those of viral meningitis may develop suddenly or gradually over a period of days. For example, the symptoms of viral meningitis after mumps may take several days or weeks to develop.

The most common symptoms of either form of meningitis include:

Fever.
                        Severe and persistent headache.
                        Stiff and painful neck, especially when trying to touch the chin to the chest.
                        Vomiting.
                        Confusion.
                        Seizures.
                        Other symptoms of meningitis include:

Sluggishness, muscle aches and weakness, and strange feelings (such as tingling) or weakness throughout the body.
                        Eye sensitivity and eye pain from bright lights.
                        Skin rash.
                        Dizzy spells.
                        Babies, young children, older adults, and people with other medical conditions may not have the usual symptoms of meningitis.

In babies, the signs of meningitis may be a fever, irritability that is difficult to calm, decreased appetite, rash, vomiting, and a shrill cry. Babies also may have bulging soft spots on their heads that are not caused by crying, and a stiff body. Babies with meningitis may cry when handled.
                        Young children with meningitis may act like they have the flu, cough, or have trouble breathing.
                        Older adults and people with other medical conditions may have only a slight headache and fever. They may not feel well and may have little energy.

Comment

The first 24 Hours of treatment go in the good direction, fevers and vomiting disappeared, at the time of these awakening phases he is now lucid and he starts again to be hydrated, yesterday he was completely dehydrated because of the fever and the impossibility of keeping any food in him. Moreover it was very difficult to make him the blood tests because the blood pressure was practically insufficient to fill the tubes.

On the other hand the headache is always there but the intensity is now variable from very extreme to means, this headache is practically impossible to remove for the moment because meningitis infects in fact the liquid "céphalorachidien" which surrounds the brain and fill the backbone, this liquid is in normal conditions very fluid and transparent and meningitis makes it very pasty and opaque what irritates the brain from where headaches and pains in the neck and the backbone, they make a lumbar puncture to determine the state and his was it according to the doctor comparable with "mashed potaties". Each one of these movements is always very painful and it is extremely exhausted, it wakes up for maximum 5 minutes.
                          It will be necessary to count 4 to 5 days so that the liquid "céphalorachidien" becomes again almost normal and that the pains attenuate and minimum 8 days under perfusion with antibiotics injection.
                          He is still constantly connected to an electrocardiogram which measures the cardiac pulsations, breath, ..., the whole being now stabilized.

But according to the medical personnel the antibiotic treatments have the desired effect on its organisme it thus does not have risks and its state should go only in the good direction, the next 24H will simply come to determine all that with certainty.
                          Thus my wife and me also start to better be.

Thank you for all this support
                          www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Originally posted by VWTronics
                            Those symptoms sound like "Viral meningitis"

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/6/1448.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Meningitis

Symptoms

Symptoms of bacterial meningitis usually develop suddenly, while those of viral meningitis may develop suddenly or gradually over a period of days. For example, the symptoms of viral meningitis after mumps may take several days or weeks to develop.

The most common symptoms of either form of meningitis include:

Fever.
                            Severe and persistent headache.
                            Stiff and painful neck, especially when trying to touch the chin to the chest.
                            Vomiting.
                            Confusion.
                            Seizures.
                            Other symptoms of meningitis include:

Sluggishness, muscle aches and weakness, and strange feelings (such as tingling) or weakness throughout the body.
                            Eye sensitivity and eye pain from bright lights.
                            Skin rash.
                            Dizzy spells.
                            Babies, young children, older adults, and people with other medical conditions may not have the usual symptoms of meningitis.

In babies, the signs of meningitis may be a fever, irritability that is difficult to calm, decreased appetite, rash, vomiting, and a shrill cry. Babies also may have bulging soft spots on their heads that are not caused by crying, and a stiff body. Babies with meningitis may cry when handled.
                            Young children with meningitis may act like they have the flu, cough, or have trouble breathing.
                            Older adults and people with other medical conditions may have only a slight headache and fever. They may not feel well and may have little energy.
                            His meningitis is from bacterial type, the more bad (We will know tomorrow if it is bacterial type B or C).
                            But the treatment works fine and normally he is out of risks now.
                            Thanks for the infos.
                            www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Hope he'll be beter soon
                              Veel sterkte in de komende dagen voor jouw,je vrouw en zoon.
                              PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
                              sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

Working...
                              X