Who wants Playlist support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants Playlist support?

I previously asked about support for "Playlists" to which coyote responded.

If there is a big demand of user to implement the winamp playlist support I will put this in the ToDo list. But it will be a big job.
    I'm not asking just because it's a nice feature to have, since coyote said it's a lot of work. I have spent a great deal of time customizing ID3 tags (genre, mood, tempo,situation,preference) so that I can create various playlists via Musicmatches AutoDJ feature, it's a shame not being able to use them.

I understand the Folder method is easier, but it's obviously not very flexible.

Does anyone else want/need support for playlists?
    Scott

MCS-PC
    Epia M-10000
    XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
    Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
    7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
    Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
    19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

I would like to see playlists support or atleast at a bare minimum the option to "Add" and "Replace" music to the list not just replace it. maybe like if you just tap the enter button it adds the directory or individual file to the list but if you hold enter then it repaces the current list with the new entry,

BTW great program! and I hope your kid gets better quickly.

Comment

Custom playlists are definatly needed! To have a playlist now I would have to create a folder with the actuall songs in it???

Wow, it is not too efficient having the same song saved several times on the hard drive - I'll be out of hard drive space a lot sooner, not to mention what a pain it will be to manually copy the songs onto the "playlist" folder.
      -AL
      * 2000 Ford Expedition
      * EPIA M10000/512 meg RAM, Win XP PRO, 90w OPUS, 80 gig HD
      * TM-710VGT LCD, Wireless mouse, keyboard
      * M-Audio Sound Card, 2 Alumapro 10" subs, 2 PPI Amps (1kW)

Comment

eh.... i'm not feeling the whole playlist thing... I'd rather have it be able to jump to the next album after one is done
        Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
        Mods: Yep
        Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

YES for the playlist
          Current Status: For Sale

Specs
          - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
          - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
          - DeLorme GPS (sold)
          - Power Inverter (sold)
          - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

playlist would be good
            92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

I like playlists.. I use a combination of playlists and folders for my music browsing needs..

Comment

YES for playlist support! always a must have.
                We are, will have and forever will be...
                But not tommorrow!

Comment

Im feelin the playlist jazz.... Sub-folders Rock Playin One Albume Sucks...
                  Whats the point in havin a mp3 player in your car if your only goin to listen to one album at a time?? Geez People, Stay Focused!!
                  Originally posted by menudude
                  thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

I think playlists would be great! If there was a way we could support both .m3u and .wpl (Windows Media Player 9.0) format playlists, that would be even better . . .

Comment

Ok, you have won

At this time I have already implemented the Winamp playlist support, I work now on a module to create and modify playlist inside Mediacar

Do you want a new version with the playlist support without the playlist gestion module or I wait to have finished the gestion module before ?
                      www.media-car.fr.st
                      The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Thank you, very much.

I generate playlists on my homePC and then send them to CarPc folder, so I don't need to generate or edit the list while in the car. However, I'll defer to the majority.

Thanks again.
                        Scott

MCS-PC
                        Epia M-10000
                        XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
                        Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
                        7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
                        Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
                        19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

lets wait... give you some time with your son and all that jazz
                          take a break for a while man geez
                          Originally posted by menudude
                          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by coyote
                            Ok, you have won

At this time I have already implemented the Winamp playlist support, I work now on a module to create and modify playlist inside Mediacar

Do you want a new version with the playlist support without the playlist gestion module or I wait to have finished the gestion module before ?
                            coyote, what is the function of the "gestion module"? Feel free to take you time with this, I remember you saying that it was a lot of work . . .

I think being able to select a pre-defined playlist (.m3u/.wpl) and the ability to select random individual tracks to make a "current playlist" (like a cue-it-up function) would be really awesome. I don't think it should be a requirement to be able to save multiple playlists (other than the single cue-it-up playlist) from within MediaCar.

Put another way, MediaCar could have its own internal playlist which is continously modifiable (should auto save when alterred) and could also support externally created playlists (like from Windows Media Player or from WinAmp) . . .

Your application is definitely the best one for a car-pc I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with us all!

Comment

Working...
                            X