Mediacar v1.6 bug report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediacar v1.6 bug report

Coyote, I've just been testing the latest version on my desktop. The first thing I noticed is that it takes about twice as long to open up, which I guess we can live with.

The bug I've found is when I have an mp3 playing then browse to another song and select it, I get error box...

Run-Time error '364':
    Object was unloaded

If I select OK, Mediacar closes but leaves Winamp running and playing the original Mp3. Reopening Mediacar, when I go back into the Mp3 screen, it starts to play the song I had selected previously.

Tried with Gamma on & off
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Originally posted by Laidback
    Coyote, I've just been testing the latest version on my desktop. The first thing I noticed is that it takes about twice as long to open up, which I guess we can live with.

The bug I've found is when I have an mp3 playing then browse to another song and select it, I get error box...

Run-Time error '364':
    Object was unloaded

If I select OK, Mediacar closes but leaves Winamp running and playing the original Mp3. Reopening Mediacar, when I go back into the Mp3 screen, it starts to play the song I had selected previously.

Tried with Gamma on & off
    Ok, I corrects that for this evening (Belgium time )
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Another one

I used to use this 3D visualization http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=60289
      It worked great with MEDIACAR v.1 to 1.4
      It doesn't work correctly with v.1.5 and 1.6
      If I replace v.1.5 or 1.6 MEDIACAR.EXE with the exe file from previous version installation all works but no gamma feature of course.
      Coyote can I have both please.

Thanks for the GREAT software anyway.
      <>My previous Car PC<>

Comment

Upppsss...can't start MediaCar V1.6 after installation. "Run-time error '13' : Type mismatch" appears shortly after starting it. Then it hangs on the menu screen.

Any idea?

Every version before works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by nijel
          Another one

I used to use this 3D visualization http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=60289
          If I replace v.1.5 or 1.6 MEDIACAR.EXE with the exe file from previous version installation all works but no gamma feature of course.

Ok, corrected

I will also add option to define other visualisations plugin and give the possibility to try to run it embedded because I have tested and this plugin work also embedded in mediacar.
          But, is there a solution for not need always to chose the dancer when starting the visualisation ?
          www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

ahhh...I found it out myself. I'm using my own skin and V1.6 requires the [Gamma] lines in general.ini file

Comment

Originally posted by lucas
              Upppsss...can't start MediaCar V1.6 after installation. "Run-time error '13' : Type mismatch" appears shortly after starting it. Then it hangs on the menu screen.

Any idea?

Every version before works perfectly.
              Maybe a bug in the new restoring process of parameters.

Try to remove all the mediacar folder from program files and install again. But before, could you paste here the content of the files "settings.old", "Shortcut.old" and "/skins/General.old".
              These files are the backup of your hold parameters made by the installation to use for restoring the parameters at the first start of the new version.

thanks
              www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Originally posted by lucas
                ahhh...I found it out myself. I'm using my own skin and V1.6 requires the [Gamma] lines in general.ini file
                Oki, good
                www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Another one

Are you referring to the directX runtime errors when initializing visualizations?
                  2006 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.4L
                  StreetDeck
                  Project: [■■■■■■■■■-] 90% complete (reconfiguration phase)
                  Status report:
                  -Configuring and wiring the camera system

http://www.necevil.com/gallery/index...el=album&id=20

Comment

Originally posted by coyote
                    Maybe a bug in the new restoring process of parameters.

Try to remove all the mediacar folder from program files and install again. But before, could you paste here the content of the files "settings.old", "Shortcut.old" and "/skins/General.old".
                    These files are the backup of your hold parameters made by the installation to use for restoring the parameters at the first start of the new version.

thanks
                    I don't have succeeds to reproduce this bug, do you have more informations on the conditions?
                    www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Originally posted by mindtool
                      Are you referring to the directX runtime errors when initializing visualizations?
                      no

You have a runtime errors ?
                      www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Originally posted by mindtool

No any errors.
                        It just starts in a very small window with no menu to control the visualization.
                        And runs slow.

And THANK YOU Coyote for fixing that!!!
                        <>My previous Car PC<>

Comment

No any errors.
                          It just starts in a very small window with no menu to control the visualization.
                          And runs slow.

And THANK YOU Coyote for fixing that!!!
                          Yes I had the same problem, now it run at normal speed but the first selection window that appear always when you start the visualisation is very awkward to run the visualisation embedded, do you have a solution to pass through this ?
                          www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Yes I had the same problem, now it run at normal speed but the first selection window that appear always when you start the visualization is very awkward to run the visualization embedded, do you have a solution to pass through this ?
                            For now I'm using a macro for automated mouse clicks and keyboard buttons to start visualization. But the program I'm using cannot push 1, 2 or 3 key for fullscreen.
                            Here is the macro:

SetFocus >MEDIACAR
                            SendText >x
                            WaitForWindow >WildTangent Winamp Visualizer
                            MouseMove >146,155
                            Wait >1
                            LDown
                            LUp
                            Wait >1
                            MouseMove >299,191
                            LDown
                            LUp
                            Wait >1
                            WaitForWindow >Microsoft Internet Explorer
                            Wait >1
                            Press_Enter

And here is the freeware program:
                            http://www.ntware.com/files/gmac_v22.exe
                            <>My previous Car PC<>

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback

Run-Time error '364':
                              Object was unloaded

Ok, I corrects that for this evening (Belgium time )

Coyote, I must be the only one with this problem!??

Still the same with v1.7. When I go into the list for the mp3's and either select another song/album or select exit I get the above error box!

I tried un-installing and re-installing v1.5, which works fine. Upgrade to either v1.6 or v1.7 and I get the problem. This is on my desktop pc so I'm going to upgrade my carputer and see if that's ok.
                              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X