Official Todo list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Todo list

Thanks to not respond in this thread, I will put here the Todo list and the implementations in progress.

Finished, will be for sure in the next version
    - Launching external application directly from buttons on the main menu

In progress
    - Maybe removing ID3Tag V2 support because this Tag format is a big source of problems, requests a lot of resource to be read and is heavy to implement with a good error support. (If somebody know a good OCX or DLL who work well and quickly to read ID3Tag V2 or other formats, please PM me, thanks)
    - Mute function and volume slider capability in each player
    - Function to define actual position as start routing point in the Mappoint GPS module
    - PowerMate support
    - Try to solve all the Sound control issues (USB soundcard, 6 channels, ...)
    - Random feature in the video player

Todo
    - Permanent pushpin in the mappoint module and address book function
    - Destinator module improvement
    - Phone module
    - Adding routing assistance to GPS (Mappoint)
    - Implementing a true DVD player inside Mediacar
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Updated the 04/10/2004
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Originally posted by coyote
      - Try to solve all the Sound control issues (USB soundcard, 6 channels, ...)
      YES!!!!!!!!!!! Epia M10K owners will finally be able to control sound levels to all channels! *bows to coyote*
      Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
      512mb DDR333
      Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

First, I would like to say that I love MediaCar. I think it is the most advance carputer media engine around. With that siad, there are a few things I would like to suggest.

1) I have noticed that the one icon is always higlighted, even if it is not being clicked.

2) The music module is awsome, but the navigation could be a bit different. Could I suggest a more similar interface to iTunes when it comes to browsing albums, artists, etc. If you don't want such drastic changes, maybe just a browser that is a bit more like the iPod.

3) Integrate Deluo Routis. It works well, and has speech. (Does mappoint have speech?)

4) Integrated Dvd player. Maybe nvdvd, because the codecs are great.

5) Get the visualizations to work. (I click the button, but the visualizations never open.)
        2004 Freelander HSE | Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen| Via M10000 | 256 MB | 120 GB | DVD player | TN-200 | Opus 150watt |Windows XP Pro | Media Car | Routis & Destinator

Comment

Originally posted by nibix
          First, I would like to say that I love MediaCar. I think it is the most advance carputer media engine around. With that siad, there are a few things I would like to suggest.

1) I have noticed that the one icon is always higlighted, even if it is not being clicked.

2) The music module is awsome, but the navigation could be a bit different. Could I suggest a more similar interface to iTunes when it comes to browsing albums, artists, etc. If you don't want such drastic changes, maybe just a browser that is a bit more like the iPod.

3) Integrate Deluo Routis. It works well, and has speech. (Does mappoint have speech?)

5) Get the visualizations to work. (I click the button, but the visualizations never open.)
          1, True
          2, Agree
          3, Can't you just put the path to the executable under GPS setup?
          4, Coyote was writing built-in DVD code - but he's disappeared!
          5, Visualizations do work, Do a search - you have to change the string or something...
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

a new buttons with the function to decrease volume (as kenwood) attenuatore
            My Home page
            Cartuper V2
            Epia M1000
            512Mb ram
            Hdd 40 Gb 2,5'
            Dvd recorder DL Panasonic
            Lilli 619 7' with TS
            SoundBalster Mp3+ USB
            Holux Gpslim236 usb + external antenna
            M1 Atx
            Remote control with girder

Comment

4. Frodo has written a DVD player app tyhat should slot in nicely, give that a try.
              EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
              Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
              XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Hi COYOTE
                Well since u r in the process of upgrading to next version. how about having these features in the next version ( i guess this is imp as well )
                how about a keyboard and a remote controlling function in this. In case some one on the back seat wants to change musicand helpful for shutting down the comp as well..maybe using IRMAN remote
                Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
                2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                120 Gb Laptop HD
                7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
                Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
                Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                ----------
                Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Comment

Originally posted by nibix

DEFINITELY integrate routis...when launched as an external app, the buttons are just too small...plus I lovce the MEDIA Car interface that I see is available with mappaoint and the other gps software...only NOT routis =)

Comment

lol ull be waiting a long time.
                    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Hi coyote,

I miss a winamp equalizer Funktion.
                      The ability to load settings like techno, reggea ect.
                      This Funktion is normally integrated in Winamp but you deleted all the sound settings. There is also no Funktion to load them in Mediacar.
                      It would be very cool wehn you can integrate this funkton.

The Sound is more than better when you can load this settings.

Thx

Deepgear

Comment

I still have the idea that MC is not able to work perfectly with nested folders. When I select my mp3 folder it only adds 151 files, although there are 1199 files in 144 foldders.

Can you take a look at it?

Comment

coyote hasnt posted in over 4 months guys
                          Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Coyote is no more working on Mediacar project for
                            public. He is selling licenses to OEM manufacturers,
                            like Karputer of UK.

So we have to stay with his last version.

Comment

sell out

Comment

Working...
                              X