Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Webscroller .. bug?

A picture says at least 3 words:

I should add: I sometimes get this when I exit the audio player and go back to the playlist audio screen.

Comment

dont know how to help you but I love how you edited the picture

<----- WTF?
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Webscroller is the control for the info text scrolling, did you disable the line :

/, (R) Movie Information
        /, FORE BACK
        /, x y w h r g b r g b pt font
        /, --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- ----
        R01,019,254,249,145,255,255,255,051,084,103,15,"Ar ial:B"

in the playlist_audio.skin file ?

If yes, then it's a small bug.

If you don't want to use the text info you should disable this line with "/" before.
        www.media-car.fr.st
        The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

My file looks like this:

/, (R) Movie Information
          /, FORE BACK
          /, x y w h r g b r g b pt font
          /, --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- ----
          /,R01,250,250,000,000,255,255,255,051,084,103,15,"A rial:B"

I've tried it without the "/" too and I get the same thing. I may have messed up something else in the conversion to 1.83. I'll double check everything using the default .skin files and make sure.

Comment

Ok, it seem to be a bug, I will correct this. For this time you can activate the line and put others x,y,w,h values to mask the Webscroller.
            www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Originally posted by coyote
              Ok, it seem to be a bug, I will correct this. For this time you can activate the line and put others x,y,w,h values to mask the Webscroller.
              I just set the x and y off the screen a little and the box to 1 pix w/h. If you dont set a W/H variable it will appear no matter what, thats why it still showed up when I tried to use the line. I dont think you need to fix it unless its easy, just add it to a little faq or something for people making skins.

Also, I found 2 other little bugs.

If you have a picture in a folder without a name (ie: .jpg), it will crash. You wont be able to start up again untill you name or delete the pic. Another that dosnt really need a fix, just a fyi if it comes up.

And this one is somewhat related. I put band pics in all the root folders for all my albums so they show up when you select the band. But when you try to Play the folder directly nothing will load. I'm sure this is a winamp thing, I know how it loads any type of file into the playlist so its probably just loading the pic but not showing it and bypasses whatever function plays all the folders in that directory.

Im not good at explaining bugs since I dont know how coding works.

An example of directory structure:

Crappyband: <-----(root folder)
              BadAlbum1 ---- (I didnt think this album was too bad)
              Badalbum2 ---- (sell outs)
              Crappybandpic.jpg <------(omg, must have a poster)

When you try to "Play" Crappyband folder nothing will load because of the pic.

Probably not a bug because this wasnt the intended use of the pics though?

Comment

e_fractal, I have the same with your last post, but I don't have any files in the band folder, just a number of subfolders with their albums. Still just loads a blank playlist.

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by e_fractal
                  And this one is somewhat related. I put band pics in all the root folders for all my albums so they show up when you select the band. But when you try to Play the folder directly nothing will load. I'm sure this is a winamp thing, I know how it loads any type of file into the playlist so its probably just loading the pic but not showing it and bypasses whatever function plays all the folders in that directory.

Im not good at explaining bugs since I dont know how coding works.

An example of directory structure:

Crappyband: <-----(root folder)
                  BadAlbum1 ---- (I didnt think this album was too bad)
                  Badalbum2 ---- (sell outs)
                  Crappybandpic.jpg <------(omg, must have a poster)

When you try to "Play" Crappyband folder nothing will load because of the pic.

Probably not a bug because this wasnt the intended use of the pics though?

Since the last update to MediaCar, mine works fine with or without a pic in the band folder!
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                    e_fractal, I have the same with your last post, but I don't have any files in the band folder, just a number of subfolders with their albums. Still just loads a blank playlist.

Garry
                    I tried without the pic and noticed the same thning :/ I'm almost certain it used to queue up all the albums in an older release. I could be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by e_fractal
                      I tried without the pic and noticed the same thning :/ I'm almost certain it used to queue up all the albums in an older release. I could be wrong though
                      You guys are using "Select+" aren't you? This only came out in a recent release...1.83, I think! Before that you had to check a box in the setup pages.
                      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Do you use Norton NAV with the Script blocking activated ?

I use the VB Script functions when I load the playlist to browse the HD and my NAV sometimes give me a warning message of Script blocked and sometimes not.

So, perhaps that your NAV blocks the script without warning message.

I never had this problem under Win2000 on the other hand I had it 1 or 2 times under XP where I have NAV installed.
                        www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Working...
                        X